Road Trip Pics and Blog

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Passing Rikers Island and about to get on Throgs Neck bridge ...on the road again ...

I cant stop laughing at the bridge name.

When you took this picture, you were only a few miles from here.

When you took this picture, you were only a few miles from here.

Cool, hi.

Was thinking of getting dash cam, will look more into it.

Cool, hi.

Was thinking of getting dash cam, will look more into it.

I think this is the dash cam we bought from Walmart. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, and I'm sure there are better dash cams on the market, but this one does a nice job for around $20.

Blackweb Digital Dash cam With 1080P Camera And Sd Card

We loved staying in Lubec.
A very interesting and welcoming place.
I keep wanting to pronounce it like the place in Texas. It is more like Loo beck.

On our way to Niagra this morning with a stop over at the haunted place in VT.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_093956.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	55625  

Made it to The White House Inn. Interesting developement - 3 other guests cancled their reservation and we are only ones here. Innkeep gave me key, left and said enjoy. Not even any staff in the big place. I think its cool having it all to ourselves.

Creepy old lady walking around the place outside. Not going to see what she is doing lol. I know its sideways pic, but shes there . Wife is not amused, but im sure its someine just looking around.

Where is this place? How weird to leave you there alone. They sound super-trusting. Or just nuts!

Where is this place? How weird to leave you there alone. They sound super-trusting. Or just nuts!
I thought the same. I mean they do have my credit card info and license plate info. But still.

It is in Vermont and the place is actually very nice, real fireplace in room and awesome views. I guess they are just trusting or maybe feel confident the other "guests" will watch us .

Ok there are bear cubs outside. Wife thinks they are cute and is out there looking for them now.
I said havent you seen The Revenant!!!!!

See if I can upload a picture, I was far away lol.

Ok there are bear cubs outside. Wife thinks they are cute and is out there looking for them now.
I said havent you seen The Revenant!!!!!

I thought the same. I mean they do have my credit card info and license plate info. But still.

It is in Vermont and the place is actually very nice, real fireplace in room and awesome views. I guess they are just trusting or maybe feel confident the other "guests" will watch us .
"other guests".. perhaps the supernatural kind

Yikes, that’s dangerous. Mama bear will go mental!

Been exploring the restvof the house. Really cool home and only thing a bit scary was a flickering light in basement and cold spots, but its a basement so no biggie. Creepy old pictures everywhere too. A lot of fun.

Yikes, that’s dangerous. Mama bear will go mental!
I was hiding in room looking out window with a firepoker in hand. Id like to think I would try to save her if mama came, but I cant promise what would have hapoened.

Easternmost point in lower 48, got the South and the East, two more to go.

Lots of old pictures around here, this one creeped me out. Something over that babies shoulder I swear.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_204902.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	55672   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_154649.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	55673  

Jeepers Creepers - this part of the trip is haunted!!!
Alooonnnneeee in a big empty house with a strange old lady creeping around in the bushes !!! Lights flickering in the basement and cold spots in the floor!!!! Ghosts d ya hear me !!!! Haunted spirits !!!! What ' s that creaking sound ya hear???

And then - bears!!!!! And no kidding; a mama bear defending her cubs is more scary than that Bates motel you were staying in. Brrrrrrrrrr.

I guess ya got two big old dogs to defend y'all . But if the next place you stay in has a caretaker who bears an uncanny resemblance to Jack Nicholson, sitting in an armchair with an ax and watching Johnny Carson reruns- I say:
Get out!!!!!! Get out while you can!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

( )

So you were left alone in a haunted inn with nobody around except a mysterious old lady walking around outside, bear cubs, creepy pictures, and things that go bump in the night?

I give you a lot of credit for staying there. I probably would have left before the staff did.

Weird is relative.
Do you see any cameras in the inn? It would explain why they are fine just leaving you there alone.

Did you have to pay a large security deposit?

Do you see any cameras in the inn? It would explain why they are fine just leaving you there alone.

Did you have to pay a large security deposit?
No cameras that we saw, but those things can be hidden easily.
Nothing really happened overnight, we all actually slept really well. If anything is lurking around here they must have liked us.

We got a little scare this morning when we heard footsteps upstairs. But it was someone doing an early check in.

Weird is relative.
It was interesting to see what the basement looks like. If nothing else, it sounds like a fun experience to stay there. It makes it exciting when it seems like it's kinda haunted, lol. I've stayed at hotels like that before too...