History in Photos (warning: some disturbing content)

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Risking people's lives just so something looks nice.

o wait they got paid probably
And no safety gear back then. No way, no how. I had a bad dream at stupid o'clock I fell off a cliff. My vertigo is getting really bad and that was just from looking at a photo yesterday. Have to force myself to turn the dream into a flying dream.

Construction workers on sydney harbour bridge. I need to vomit

This one is better. Back on terra firma

This might just do nobody any good.
We must aim higher!

Philippe Petit's defining moment:

Why do you torture me so?

You're evil!

I find the empire state construction photos very interesting, but going a bit green.

The Gadget was the first atomic bomb ever made and was tested at Trinity Site, New Mexico, near Alamogordo on July 16th, 1945. After the initial euphoria of witnessing the explosion had passed, test director Kenneth Bainbridge commented to Los Alamos director J. Robert Oppenheimer: “Now we are all sons of bitches”.

All citizens of the UK were issued a gas mask during the War. There was a pervasive fear that the Axis powers would launch a gas attack on Britain. Children were made to participate in gas attack drills at school. The air of gravity was punctured when the kids discovered they could make fart noises by exhaling sharply through the mask.

This might just do nobody any good.
Photographs by Kimbei Kusakabe

Snow costume

Actors portraying samurai

By Duchenne de Boulogne, a neurologist

The Mechanism of Human Physiognomy

By Gertrude Kasebier

The Dance

Auguste Rodin

The Manger

That snow costume is stunning

That snow costume is stunning
True. If you look closely, I think she's wearing these traditional Japanese shoes.

True. If you look closely, I think she's wearing these traditional Japanese shoes.
She is. Geta and tabi.

I saw a photo yesterday of footbinding in china. Was going to post because it's actually a really good photo but made me ill reading the description so I deleted it and forgot until just now.

She is. Geta and tabi.

I saw a photo yesterday of footbinding in china. Was going to post because it's actually a really good photo but made me ill reading the description so I deleted it and forgot until just now.
Please post it, I'm interested. Footbinding was a horrible crime, so the description is probably not for the faint hearted.

Please post it, I'm interested. Footbinding was a horrible crime, so the description is probably not for the faint hearted.
I'll see if I can find it for you. Brbaric people they were and still are.

This isnt the one I saw yesterday but It's a gorgeous photo and not graphic

This is pretty horrendous but nowhere near as bad as the vomit inducing photos

And last one just because she's so pretty. I cant believe people put little girls through that horror.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Race Organizers Attempt To Stop Kathrine Switzer From Competing In The Boston Marathon. She Became The First Woman To Finish The Race, 1967

The Kiss Of Life – A Utility Worker Giving Mouth-to-mouth To Co-worker After He Contacted A High Voltage Wire, 1967

Woodstock, 1969

Baby Cages Used To Ensure That Children Get Enough Sunlight And Fresh Air When Living In An Apartment Building, 1937

Suspect's Reviews