Coronavirus

Tools    

Are you sure it's not you who are watching too much media coverage and getting panicked???
Yeah, at this point I'm seeing way more people saying "the media is panic-mongering" than I am seeing actual panic-mongering from the media.

I also don't see how someone could even know if that's true or not yet, or even properly run the counterfactual even if it seems like that later. It seems like it's just an ideological prior expressing itself reflexively.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This is the closest we'll get to the zombie apocalypse so lets enjoy it!

Well BBC News 24 seems to be going all in on the coronavirus and it certainly feels excessive to little ole me. Really wish herself would find a new default channel lol.

Yeah, at this point I'm seeing way more people saying "the media is panic-mongering" than I am seeing actual panic-mongering from the media.

I also don't see how someone could even know if that's true or not yet, or even properly run the counterfactual even if it seems like that later.

It seems like it's just an ideological prior expressing itself reflexively.
Yup, especially to your last sentence. I think for some, excessive media hype, is a catch phrase for politicizing the coronavirus.

Seen this news story last night, IMO it's revealing of the mind set of some.
On Fox News, suddenly a very different tune about the coronavirus

Yeah, at this point everybody who wants to place their bet on it being over-the-top has done so. I see zero value--for them, even, let alone everyone else--to repeating it. It's not useful for them to say it or for others to argue with it any more.

I've enumerated the logic problems with the idea, too, with zero response. Probably best to move on. Don't worry, all those posts will still be there after things improve.

You ready? You look ready.
Unemployment is capped in our state at around $400 a week, which works out to about $10/hr. So I can't even afford to claim unemployment.

I mean, I have the vacation time to stay at home for the rest of this week and all of next week, but I'd put an unnecessary strain on the rest of the department. So that ain't an option either.

All I know is I am in the wrong damn racket for an apocalyptic situation. The demands put on our department have been triple what we normally handle this time of year. I am dead tired, so I honestly wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between virus related body aches and regular overworked body aches.

This corona virus can go suck on a chocolate starfish.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I came up with this little thing to lighten the depressing mood.
In This Clip. Hitler In My Mind Is The Corona Virus When He realizes that Chuck Norris DNA Is Being made to fight the Virus

You ready? You look ready.
They just gave the OK to start moving office support employees to remote work. Too bad I have a job that is literally impossible to do remotely. I'm telling ya...wrong damn racket!

The other night when picking up at a hospital and being given a mask to wear, I took a selfie and sent it to my regular job's group text (3 other drivers and a manager). The manager told me today that I scared the crap out of his wife. She saw the text before he did and screamed oh my god your coworker has coronavirus!

Saved her the price of an enema - she should be grateful

They just gave the OK to start moving office support employees to remote work. Too bad I have a job that is literally impossible to do remotely. I'm telling ya...wrong damn racket!
I serious hope you dont get sick and I applaud your strength to go to work knowing you must even in time people cannot understand. My Sisters Boyfriend works at walmart and they have to go even if people would have to pick up stuff from food and things at the front door.

I keep telling people this stay at home is not meant for the Middle Class working people that really keeps America moving. Think theres a Travis Tritt song that would be a perfect example of this. Yes you can make the kids stay home the biggest carriers. If your gonna ask people to stay home then need triple the truck sending so stores arent barron

Was informed to work from home from tomorrow. Honestly, I have never ever felt so relieved, despite my office increasing my workload. I don't mind doing the extra work if that stops me from visiting office.

Traveling by the crowded local trains has been scar for the last couple of days.

Here's something I don't understand - I heard my area is now instituting a curfew - everyone off the streets by 8 pm!

I don't get this - outdoors is the BEST, safest and cleanest place to be right now! Outside is the place you are least likely to pick up any germs, yet they don't want people outside.

If you're outside you're not spreading germs, you're not coughing onto touchable surfaces, you're not breathing in other people's germs, the cool air & wind is blowing particulate matter off of you. But instead, they want everyone closed up inside with other people, huddled together in little petry dish germ factories.

I get not wanting people to gather, but everything is closed anyway so there's nowhere for people to go "gather" - so what is the point of a curfew? A curfew is actually forcing people to "gather" when they otherwise might just be out getting some air. Someone out walking their dog is not "spreading" the virus to large groups of people (nor are they getting the virus) - so why can't you be out walking your dog, or taking a walk or exercising in the evening or drive in your car?

Is there some kind of rioting or looting going on in quiet suburban towns that people need to be kept off the street?