Recommend me movies I will rate five stars!

Tools    

The Last Wave, aside from being a really interesting story, also features some neat imagery. Its opening sequence is very startling and memorable.

You aren't wrong about the vulgarity of his films. But Mysterious Skin, maybe largely due to the high-quality book from which it's adapted, is also a deeply empathetic film. The performances are strong across the board. And the way that it visually captures the subjective experience of trauma is really impressive.
‘Mysterious Skin’ is an incredible film, it’s really not like what it feels like from anything you might read about it.

‘Mysterious Skin’ is an incredible film, it’s really not like what it feels like from anything you might read about it.
Agreed. It's a hard film to recommend in some ways (because of the subject matter), but it's a film I think everyone should see.

Now, don't be cheeky!
Well, you did say a human fetus looks almost identical to a dog fetus. So clearly, you haven't actually seen pictures of either.

Sorry to break it to you, but my ratings are 100% subjective.
Then why do I see trends of artistic quality in the movies you rate highly?

@Zotis

I'm more harsh on judging cinema. I RARELY give anything 5 stars.

Most cinema is 3 to 3.5 if watchable.
Well, I don't think I've ever seen you say anything harsh about anything at all. How many movies have you rated 5 stars? I've only ever rated 5 movies 5 stars.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Never been head over heels about it, but then I rewatched it hoping for a masterpiece, and ended up enjoying it even less than before. A
flick.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Well, I don't think I've ever seen you say anything harsh about anything at all. How many movies have you rated 5 stars? I've only ever rated 5 movies 5 stars.
Maybe 1 or 2. I am a harsh judge. I don't say terrible things about movies. If I don't like a film, I won't finish watching it. Even my top 5 English speaking films (actually 6 - I have 2 #1 films), only 1 got 5 stars. My #1s are A Clockwork Orange (5) and the original The Wicker Man (4.5). Favorite foreign film, La Belle Et La Bete (1946) has 4.

I can say this. I have a lot of negative things to say about 1 film and the only reason I watched it, is because I'm a fan of the director. She is Danish and it was her first American film she directed. I am not a fan of the actors she used and I only watched it because she directed it. I won't watch it a 2nd time and I will never like the actors because I won't watch any more films they star in with the exception that the male lead does a voice of a Marvel Universe character.

Reviewing my Letterboxd account, again A Clockwork Orange and Jagten are the only 2 with 5 stars.

35 films have 4 1/2 stars
110 films have 4 stars

Recommend me some five-star films for a good movie-watching 2022, please!

2021 was the worst year five-star-wise since 2017.
Here's a few films you may or may not have seen:

Sult (1966)
The Fifth Seal (1976)
The Ascent (1977)
The Deadly Spawn (1983)
Dead Man's Letters (1986)
The Emperor's Naked Army Marchs On (1987)

Also, not sure how big of a fan you are of short films, but I'll recommend a few anyways (these are all on youtube):

The House is Black (1963)
The Wagoner (1963)
9 Variations on a Dance Theme (1967)
Hedgehog in the Fog (1975)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Here's a few films you may or may not have seen:
Seen 'em all except for The Deadly Spawn (1983) and The Wagoner (1963). Nice recs. I may check these two unseen ones soon although these don't seem like 5-star films. :O

Duplicate Account (locked)
Memories of Murder

Bong Jun-Ho, 2003

What's that? You have seen it already, you say? Of course you have! Watch it again!

That's a good one, but i personally like "Mother" better, for an undoubtable
:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mother.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	84017  

Seen 'em all except for The Deadly Spawn (1983) and The Wagoner (1963). Nice recs. I may check these two unseen ones soon although these don't seem like 5-star films. :O
I love The Deadly Spawn. In spite of it being a B movie, it holds up with the best horror films I've ever seen. Not for everyone, but hey, ya never know. The Wagoner, Sembene's debut, is a powerful slice of social commentary you may or may not be blown away by.

Some other recs:

Celebration in the Botanical Garden (1969)
The Heartbreak Kid (1972)
Yol (1982)
Time of the Gypsies (1988)
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man (1992)
Clean, Shaven (1993)
The Circle (2000)
Cameraperson (2016)

Not sure if I messed up the search, but have you seen Legend of the Mountain? If not, I recommend that one.

Otherwise, I humbly present my favourite first time viewings of last year, in the hope that something catches your eye.

https://boxd.it/aHdWY

Personally I think you're asking the impossible here...there's no way we can possibly recommend films to you that you would rate five stars. What I can do is give you films that I rated five stars and see if you agree: