Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Never heard of this movie & Netflix dvd doesnít have it. Love the late Katrin Cartlidge.
Oh, itís amasing! You really should hunt it down, I adore it. Feels like Anderson definitely took a leaf out of this guyís book for The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Oh, itís amasing! You really should hunt it down, I adore it. Feels like Anderson definitely took a leaf out of this guyís book for The Grand Budapest Hotel.
I hated The GB Hotel.

I hated The GB Hotel.
I think itís fine but Iím not a staunch defender of it either. The above is not similar; hard to explain unless you decide to watch. Very different movie & anyone whoís been in a British hotel outside London will probably relate.

Devil Hunter is the most boring thing I've ever seen. If it weren't for the fact that it tries to plot more than Beast of Yucca Flatts, then it would be the worse movie.

The Courier it is then.
I could have bought this cheaply the other day, but couldnít recall any reviews.

Let us know if itís good.

South Kensington tube - my most fave place I lived at in London.

Edit: Itís in my Netflix Q so I must have read a good review. Dang, wish Iíd bought it now. Huge fan of BC.

I could have bought this cheaply the other day, but couldnít recall any reviews.

Let us know if itís good.

South Kensington tube - my most fave place I lived at in London.

Edit: Itís in my Netflix Q so I must have read a good review. Dang, wish Iíd bought it now. Huge fan of BC.
It is quite good. Dear father was annoyed by the lack of verisimilitude re: the real Penkovskyís character, whatever that means, but as a narrative it gels together very well indeed. BC gives it his all.

And of course, nothing beats South Ken.

Looking forward to this.

Yay. This is fantastic.

Edit: Tomorrow night, ive decided the sunny wheat fields will make it hard for me to sleep.

Edit: Tomorrow night, ive decided the sunny wheat fields will make it hard for me to sleep.

Yess. What a masterpiece.

It's my B.D., so I may treat myself to a good noir. Perhaps this one:
Turned out to be a poor choice. It's not really a good noir. Ida Lupino did well enough, but she looked mousey. Richard Widmark showed some range, but --probably at the director's or studio's insistence-- he inserted a little of the maniacal jeering laughter that he had become so famous for as the sociopath Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death (1947). A little of that goes a long way. Here it was more than a little... Cornel Wilde was really best in swashbucklers.

Halfway through the movie I found on Pluto TV, The Apartment. I'm diverging from my Orson Welles adventure to get this out of the way before it's taken off. It's not quite as good as Double Indemnity, but the professionalism with which the movie's directed along with the perfect acting make it so much better. Also, Mrs. McDougal, who Lemmon brings home, is a lot like a younger Mrs. Dupcheck,

I started this after The Awful Dr. Orloff. My next Jesus Franco films might be The Secret of Dr. Orloff, Dark Mission and Killer Barbys. And after two more Orson Welles movies, I'll be back on Wilder and then shoot for several Wes Craven movies I haven't seen.

If you're curious about the schedule, I'll explain some things after that when I start a possible thread about my ever-changing top movies. But that won't happen after Raul and Sean are done with theirs.