movies, movies and more movies

→ in
Tools    

Just go with it

I was forced to watch this with my sister because no-one else would watch it with her.

I found it quite enjoyable and funny. The third act was quite predictable but still a good movie.

Planet terror

This is not a bad watch it's not brilliant by any means but it's quite good and it's funny in places aswell.

Neds

This is a Scottish youth gang movie set in the 70's. I thought they got everything from the set to the clothes right. The accents are sometimes hard to understand but it doesn't take anything away from the film.

The mechanic

I wasn't expecting much from this film but it was surprisingly quite good. It had good action scenes all the way through and the ending was pretty good aswell.

slumber party massacre

This movie is so cheesy that it only had just enough slash to get it through. Avoid this movie.

Dial M for Murder is 105 minutes, not 88.
That's strange. It's listed as 88 minutes in the "Hitchcock/Truffaut" book. But I did check on Wikipedia, and it's listed as 105 minutes. Perhaps the other 17 minutes were added in a newer edit. At any rate, it feels too short to me for the plot.

~Doc

... but Robert Cummings was miscast in his part. Actually Cummings starred in several Hitchcock films, but he was too slick in this one.

~Doc
I agree about Robert Cummings in Dial M for Murder. He's miscast and unbelievable as Grace Kelly's love interest. Hitch was a great technical director and made some of the best films ever, but he had the misfortune of not regarding actors very highly, in his films. As such he offered miscast actors and it showed. James Stewart in Rope was another miscast Hitch actor.

The beach

This movie is always good to watch if nothing else is on. DiCaprio is good as the main character in this. I find that the middle bit drags on until the end which I like.

Overall a nice little Sunday film to pass the time.

Zelery

This film is from the Czech republic. I've never seen a foreign film so nicely shot. The way it's shot makes this movie nice and beautiful to look at. The story and actors just bring the film to life. The only thing that could make it better is if the story was tied up a bit better towards the end.

Cabin boy

This movie is so bad that it's good. Really cheesy scenes and a little bit funny but still it's really bad.

Spellbound

This movie is pretty good nothing special
A few laughs here and there but a pretty average film.

Lifeboat

One thing to say about this film. This is a great film. Enough said.

Wrinkle in time

Don't go and watch this. This movie us absolute poo. Disney's worst film yet.

I agree about Robert Cummings in Dial M for Murder. He's miscast and unbelievable as Grace Kelly's love interest. Hitch was a great technical director and made some of the best films ever, but he had the misfortune of not regarding actors very highly, in his films. As such he offered miscast actors and it showed. James Stewart in Rope was another miscast Hitch actor.
The miscasting of some of the lead actors was not really to do with his regard for actors as it was the various studios choosing several of the actors for him. Oftentimes he had no choice in the matter. For the films he was able to use his own production company he could approach whomever he wished.

A couple of glaring examples were Joseph Cotton in Under Capricorn, and then Paul Newman in Torn Curtain. Both of these were thrust upon him, and both were significantly miscast.

~Doc

Hey everyone. I see that this isn't generating enough people to look at this so I'm going to stop posting for a while.

slumber party massacre

This movie is so cheesy that it only had just enough slash to get it through. Avoid this movie.

Omg how could you not like this?? THREAD INVALID THREAD INVALID