movies, movies and more movies

→ in
Tools    

Unknown

This movie had promise. It kept me entertained all through out but then it started to do the cliches like big car chases and the big explosions at the end. Liam neeson did a good job aswell.

Black sheep

I recorded this off the tv one night while channel surfing. The comedy is very hit and miss. The scenes with sheep in them are funny and the scebes without sheep in them are not. The dialogue was very bad but the visual effects were very good.

Houdini

The film depicts his life rather well apart from 5he ending. Tony Curtis and Jane Leigh had chemistry. I liked the film even with the ending.

Once upon a time in the West

Charles Bronson is one cool actor. This film is amazing and it's got quite the finale.

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

This movie is very disappointing, very dull and boring. The visuals were perhaps the only thing that saved this film.

Blowout

This is a pretty good thriller. The villian in it was very good
. John Travolta did a good job aswell.

Ransom

Watched this on tv and I quite enjoyed it. Mel Gibson is quite good in this film. Slightly disappointed with the ending though. Turned out quite predictable.

Mad dog and glory

This is a subtle gangster comedy with 3 good actors. It has a lot of laughs in it. It can be long winded though

That's all for now give people a chance to see these and comment or whatever.

Monsters

This movie was dull, uneventful and bland. I was waiting for something good to happen but nothing did. Avoid this movie.

I'm dismayed . I love Monsters.

Monsters

This movie was dull, uneventful and bland. I was waiting for something good to happen but nothing did. Avoid this movie.

I'm dismayed . I love Monsters.
Sorry

I didn't find it entertaining at all. That's only my opinion though. I respect your decision of liking it though

Sorry

I didn't find it entertaining at all. That's only my opinion though. I respect your decision of liking it though
I was able to watch it again recently on Blu-ray and saw the extras for the first time. I found out a lot about the making of the film that I hadn't known before and the scale of the achievement really amazed me. Jon Hopkins' music and the lead actors are probably my favourite things about it.

That's all for now give people a chance to see these and comment or whatever.
Sure, here's some comments on the films that I've seen.

Excalibur

I don't normally watch films like this but I had it on DVD for ages sondecid3d to watch it . It was ok not the best. It lags a bit in the middle but it ends strong
A personal favorite of mine. Sure it's long and slower paced (which I liked), but it's rich in detail. I thought the juxtaposition of the ancient beliefs & religion of the Celtics, vs the changes brought by the new religion: Christianity...was intriguing. I particular liked the actors who played King Arthur and the one who played Merlin as well as Helen Mirren as Morgana.

Citizen Kane

First time I've watched this properly and orsen welles did great as the main character. The movie outdid all my expectations even with the ending.
Well worth watching again. So many ground breaking techniques and styles in Citizen Kane, that would influence later film making.

The Changeling

This is the original version and it's an excellent movie. It's scary and tense.
I liked it! I wouldn't give it a 5/5 myself. I didn't find it scary, which is OK as I found it more atmospheric, which is equally good.

The Kings Speech

I was looking forward to this film but then all the hype ruined it for me. Firth and rush and helena Bonham Carter did really good in this film. It did drag on a bit though towards the end.
I really loved the history of it, and the human drama. True it's not big on action or adventure, then again it was never mean to be that kind of movie.

The film depicts his life rather well apart from 5he ending. Tony Curtis and Jane Leigh had chemistry. I liked the film even with the ending.
I really liked the original Tony Curtis version. I see you used a poster for the Adrien Brody History Channel version, that version sucked!

The Lives of Others

Pretty good film and loved how it ended.
I liked it too, but I preferred the first part of the film to the second part.

Once Upon a Time in the West

Charles Bronson is one cool actor. This film is amazing and it's got quite the finale.
It's a strong western, I've never been a huge fan of Charles Bronson, but yeah he's memorable here.

If you're interested I reviewed all of these movies, except: Houdini and The King's Speech.

Thanks citizen rules always nice to know what other people think of the films..more coming up soon

Thanks citizen rules always nice to know what other people think of the films..more coming up soon
What are you watching next? Just curious
Just go with it is next

I got a whole list of films here I've watched..some are good some are crap so we will just roll with it and see what happens

Dial M for murder

Grace Kelly is spectacular in this and this is a good movie. I just don't think it's aged very well.

This was a wonderful film, but in my opinion it was too short-- compressed into only 88 minutes. The story needed some air. And due to the plot complexity it could have benefited from a little more exposition in the dialogue.

Hitchcock stated that this was a film he thought was suitable (it had been a stage hit), and he used it to "run for cover". Evidently he was taking this picture on as "safe", after the uneven response he got from his previous film, I Confess, with Montgomery Clift. He'd believed that movie had been too heavy handed, and lacked any humor.

Hitchcock filmed "Dial M" almost as a stage play, with very little action taking place outside the living room. That made it feel suffocating and too condensed. There were some great moments in the film, some memorable Hitchcockian touches.

Milland, Kelly, Dawson, and the inspector were excellent portrayals; but Robert Cummings was miscast in his part. Actually Cummings starred in several Hitchcock films, but he was too slick in this one.

~Doc