Nat's horror movie review thread

→ in
Tools    

Hi everyone.

I know I'm not everyone's favourite person on here and I don't expect anyone to read this thread.

Anyway I thought rather than doing a list of my favourite ones I'm just going to review the film's I've seen good or bad. Some are recent ones and some are more well known.

Hope you enjoy it.

I know I'm not everyone's favourite person on here and I don't expect anyone to read this thread.
Eh? I'll read it .

Anyway I thought rather than doing a list of my favourite ones I'm just going to review the film's I've seen good or bad. Some are recent ones and some are more well known.
Great. The Babadook was the last one I saw.

Morgan (2016)

This film is about a group of researchers trying to destroy a humanoid but she goes berserk and gets rid of them one by one.

The majority of this film held my attention and it certainly has the potential to be a good film.

There were certain things about this film that put me off for a while.

The ending was slightly disappointing. The connection between Morgan and everyone else was practically non existent.

Apart from those it was a good film.

Incarnate (2016)

This is a devil possession movie. The trailer to this looked promising so I paid to see this at the cinema. I came away disappointed.

This movie has absolutely no plot or character development. It didn't do anything to scare you or to think about after. There was no explanation of events throughout the movie.

The one good thing about this movie is Aaron Eckhart's acting.

Don't breathe (2016)

From the creators of the evil dead remake comes this suspenseful and excellent movie.

It centres around three thieves that break into an old blind man's house. Things don't go according to plan and the old blind man isnt as harmless as they seem to think. They learn not to let the blind man hear them breathing so they don't get killed.

This is an excellent well structured and fast paced movie. Thus film holds its own and is one of the best ones I have seen.

Split (2016)

This is the latest film from M.Night. This movie stars the great James McAvoy.

It is very suspenseful but I don't think it should be labeled a horror. Its more a psychological thriller but hey ho.

It has the famous M.Night twist that always appear in his movies.

This movie comes highly recommended by me

I've been looking forward to Split, despite not caring for Shyamalan. I thought it wasn't out until the end of next month though. Where did you see it if you don't mind me asking? Did you see it at Fantastic Fest back in September?

I saw it at some festival thing can't remember the name could quite possibly be the one you mentioned. You will enjoy it though when you see it .

A trailer for it came on before some movie I saw in theatres recently. My room mate and I couldn't stop laughing at it at the start, then slowly we realized that we actually wanted to see it. Did you think it was legitimately good, or one of those "so bad it's good" movies? I really only want to watch it for McAvoy's various performances, so either way is fine by me, but I'm curious as to which it is.

I thought it was really good. M night has proven himself in this film. McAvoy is very good in this. You will be surprised at the twist in it. Not going to say anymore. Don't want to spoil it for you.

That's only my opinion. Let me know what you think of it when you see it.

I'm worried about Split. It looks good but looks like it might annoy some people in the mental health community, too. In other words, If it gets really popular I won't hear the end of it.

Ouija: origin of evil (2016)

This is a pretty standard horror film it contains all the typical stuff like jump scares and scary dreams.

It is set in the 1960's. It doesn't seem to go anywhere with the story.

The acting was the only decent thing in this movie. Reaser was excellent as the mother.

It is not scary at all and the few jump scares their are doesn't do anything to make it any better.

Blair witch (2016)

This movie is absolute poo. The lack of character development, no emotion or intelligence at all. I wasted 90 minutes on this.

I do not recommend this film at all.

Lights out (2016)

The trailer to this looked promising but I was a bit disappointed with this film.

It uses the fear of darkness and turns it into something mediocre.

The performances were great you could see the connection they all had on screen.

The soundtrack is full of tension but it is quite emotional when it gets going. The movie starts with good tension but by the end it becomes predictable.

It works well visually. The cinematography is fantastic and the lighting is good.

The film's not all bad. It had a promising start but seemed to dwindle down near the end.

Worth one watch.

The shallows (2016)

This is a great movie not perfect but certainly great.

It's a survival movie where the main character gets attacked by a shark and escapes.

Blake lively is excellent in this. You can see the fear on her face and all the emotion that she's conveying.

This is a tense and unnerving 90 minutes.

Highly recommended

Last one for now guys.

If I don't log on tomorrow then have a good Christmas!!!!

Them

This movie is French and is based in true events. Then ending of this film will scare you.

The visuals are perfect so is the music.

Recommend this movie all the way.