Ben Hur

Tools    

Is anyone interested in seeing this?

I mean the original was a classic and don't want them to spoil it

Is anyone interested in seeing this?

I mean the original was a classic and don't want them to spoil it
Not in the slightest; it looks dire. There was also a TV version of the story a few years ago which was also apparently pretty awful.

I think they should have gone with making a sequel and called it Ben Hym.

It was released a month ago and has only made half its budget back so far.
Critics and audiences have also panned it. Apparently as well it has little in common with the novel either.

I'm not interested in watching tbh.

Just had a scan of the web. Budget was $100m.
But due to marketing and pre-production, they need to make $250m in ticket sales just to break even.
It has made $50m in tickets since it was released 4 weeks ago.

Well I won't be watching it then. It looks like it's going to flop big time.

They should of left well alone. Don't try fixing things that don't need it in my opinion.

Just had a scan of the web. Budget was $100m.
But due to marketing and pre-production, they need to make $250m in ticket sales just to break even.
It has made $50m in tickets since it was released 4 weeks ago.
Since the studio has to split the gross, a movie generally needs to make twice its budget to break even. I'm happy to see this movie is flopping or they'd be remaking The Ten Commandments and who knows what else in the near future.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Hollywood is going through a horrible time, these days... Did they run out of ideas? The amount of silly remakes and out-of-time sequels done in the past 2 years is too damn high!!!

Hollywood is going through a horrible time, these days... Did they run out of ideas? The amount of silly remakes and out-of-time sequels done in the past 2 years is too damn high!!!

The corporate side of things has taken over... if you're not already a huge star then studios won't even answer the door to you, or if you're not related to a huge star then studios won't go near you at all let alone allow you to step foot in their building.

As for making remakes and sequels, all the writers who had talent are dead now and those that are left have no guts to make something brave or individual.
People who actually have a set of balls and a creative head, are us... and studios won't go near us because, as I said, our Mummies and Daddies aren't super rich famous movie stars who can get us in the door.

Welcome to the human race...
I do wonder if it's even possible to make the same kind of seismic shift as films like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction did back in the day. At this rate, it might be easier just to wait for the blockbuster bubble to burst (which may very well happen within the next couple of years).

Is it just me or would Sam Worthington been a good one to play ben hur? He did excellent in my opinion in the new clash of the titans remake. Remaking old classic films seems to be the new normal nowadays!

Im always scared when they do remakes.

And the original was so good.