Nats cinema journey

→ in
Tools    

Man of steel (2013)

This film struggles all the way through it. The plot is unpacing and it definately has a resolution that should of been more memorable than forgetful.

The flashbacks are most probably the most compelling and interesting thing this movie has to offer. You get to see young Kent growing up and finding out what he is.

Overall this movie is good just lacking in a good plot.

Littleman (2006)

Now this film was disappointing. I like the wynas brothers but not in this film.

It had absolutely no comedic stuff and the bits it did have were few and far between.

Not all is bad though I did like the performances of the characters alot more than I should.

V/h/s (2012)

I do love my horror movies so when this came out on DVD I brought it. Well I was very disappointed.

This is a found footage movie with loads of different ones on it. None of them are worth watching. It didn't keep me interested at all.

It did have that Blair witch feel to it but other than that it didn't go anywhere with the stories.

Ooof, lowest yet.

When a stranger calls (2006)

This is an example of a poorly made remake. The performances aren't all that bad but it's does get repetitive the longer the film goes on.

We have all seen this scenario plenty of times. A babysitter gets harrased by a stranger who keeps calling the phone. It is not original and it was boring. The continous ringing of the phone can also get annoying

Overall not bad performances all round. It's just the unoriginal story that let's it down.

Friends with benefits (2011)

This is a romance comedy film with Justin timberlake and mila kunis as the main characters. They make an interesting couple and I think they pull it off rather well.

It does have a few flaws though. Tiring clichés, weakly drawn characters and stupid gimmicks.

Without those it would of been a pretty good solid film on the whole.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
When a stranger calls (2006)

This is an example of a poorly made remake. The performances aren't all that bad but it's does get repetitive the longer the film goes on.

We have all seen this scenario plenty of times. A babysitter gets harrased by a stranger who keeps calling the phone. It is not original and it was boring. The continous ringing of the phone can also get annoying

Overall not bad performances all round. It's just the unoriginal story that let's it down.

I haven't seen the 2006 version of When a Stranger Calls, but I saw the 1979 version, and it terrorized me so much that it could be the reason that I hate horror movies.

It was many years ago, back when I was a teenager, and I was babysitting. I was downstairs watching TV, and the child was asleep upstairs, and for some stupid reason, I was watching When a Stranger Calls. The lines "Have you checked the children?" and "We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house." are etched in my brain forever, and I still have nightmares about them to this day.

It was many years ago, back when I was a teenager, and I was babysitting. I was downstairs watching TV, and the child was asleep upstairs, and for some stupid reason, I was watching When a Stranger Calls. The lines "Have you checked the children?" and "We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house." are etched in my brain forever, and I still have nightmares about them to this day.
You know what's fun?

Listening to true stories about late night home invasions.

Mockingjay part 1

Unlike the first two films this one doesn't feel like it's a complete film because it's practically all build up with no ending. However saying that it does have a few things going for it.

It wasn't solely action driven. It showed a society on the brink of ab all out war. The film is actually layered so it doesn't concentrate on only one thing.

The only other gripe I have is it doesn't lead katniss (Jennifer lawrence) to a conclusion.

Overall its a great film

You know what's even more fun? Doing that for 6 hours and then realizing that you work a night job and have to walk to get there.

Maybe I should rephrase that. You have a VERY weird idea of "What's fun".

Mockingjay part 1

Unlike the first two films this one doesn't feel like it's a complete film because it's practically all build up with no ending. However saying that it does have a few things going for it.

It wasn't solely action driven. It showed a society on the brink of ab all out war. The film is actually layered so it doesn't concentrate on only one thing.

The only other gripe I have is it doesn't lead katniss (Jennifer lawrence) to a conclusion.

Overall its a great film

I saw the first Hunger Games movie, but I didn't like it. (Not quite hate, but not far from it either.) It just felt like violence for no reason other than shock value.

Mockingjay part 1

Overall its a great film

I saw the first Hunger Games movie, but I didn't like it. (Not quite hate, but not far from it either.) It just felt like violence for no reason other than shock value.
The first one sets up the story and has a good story behind it. The second one just turns weird especially the ending and the third one is more on the story of katniss rather than violence. It has a fair bit of violence but not as much as the other two.

Maybe I should rephrase that. You have a VERY weird idea of "What's fun".
I like using the term "fun" inappropriately.

Haha I do have to agree with you 😃

The first one sets up the story and has a good story behind it. The second one just turns weird especially the ending and the third one is more on the story of katniss rather than violence. It has a fair bit of violence but not as much as the other two.

I don't think any of the Hunger Games movies are really my type of movie, but I watched the first one mainly because of all the hype about it, and I guess I was just curious. I'll probably pass on the sequels, unless I find the DVDs very cheap at a garage sale or flea market, or if someone nominates them in a HoF here.