Nats cinema journey

→ in
Tools    

The white orchid (1954)

This is a nice adventure flick set in Mexico. It has good dramatic scenes all the way through.

There is a few things wrong with this movie though. The love triangle could of been better between the main characters. The dialogue is bland and makes the cast seem one-dimensional.

Saying all that though the settings and the situations that they find themselves in are interesting plus the outdoor photography adds to the atmosphere.

Overall it is a good film with a few flaws.

The url probably doesn't end in .png, .gif, .jpg, or .jpeg.

Try downloading it with Save As and then use the Upload option.
Done it. Thank you

Dead snow (2009)

I saw this film on a recommendation from a friend of mine. It's advertised as a horror but it's actually a horror/comedy.

The characters were good in the film and the tense scenes were good. The zombies are soldiers (not sure where it's actually set) but it does give you the laughs that most comedy's do.

The only thing is it has lots of gore and it kind of takes the story away because every other scene you watch is gore and little else.

Overall it's a good film for a horror/comedy but nowhere near as good as others i've seen.

6/10.

Originally Posted by nat666195
nowhere near as good as others i've seen.
Such as?
Shaun of the dead, evil dead 1 and 2 and army of darknedd

Shaun of the dead, evil dead 1 and 2 and army of darknedd
Not a fan of Shaun of the Dead, haven't seen Evil Dead 1 & 2, BUT I do like Army of Darkness.

Re: The Cell

When you say "dream sequences" I assume you mean the scenes inside Stargher's subconscious? He's a serial killer and all-around twisted individual. Why on earth should his subconscious not be gruesome?

Re: The Cell

When you say "dream sequences" I assume you mean the scenes inside Stargher's subconscious? He's a serial killer and all-around twisted individual. Why on earth should his subconscious not be gruesome?
Yeah that's what I mean. I know his sub conscious is gruesome it's just the way it was portrayed. I just didn't like the way it was portrayed but that's just my opinion.

Can you be more specific?

I'm sorry but I really can't remember much about them I blocked them out when they came on. They didn't keep my interest long enough to remember specific parts

I blocked them out when they came on.
So, basically, you didn't actually watch the movie? If you "block out" those sequences, there's not much left.

Got it.

I blocked them out when they came on.
So, basically, you didn't actually watch the movie? If you "block out" those sequences, there's not much left.

Got it.
I watched it up to that point

I think the takeaway here is that regardless of whether or not it serves the plot to be presented in that manner, Nat doesn't like it.

I'm inclined to agree.

I think the takeaway here is that regardless of whether or not it serves the plot to be presented in that manner, Nat doesn't like it.

I'm inclined to agree.
Thank you. I sat there and tried to watch that part but I just couldn't. Twice I tried and twice I couldn't sit through that part of the movie.

Thank you. I sat there and tried to watch that part but I just couldn't. Twice I tried and twice I couldn't sit through that part of the movie.
Naturally, I must ask at this point what appeals to you about horror if you dislike gore? Gore's become a pretty big part of horror these days.

Naturally, I must ask at this point what appeals to you about horror if you dislike gore? Gore's become a pretty big part of horror these days.
I don't dislike gore persay. Gore is fine sometimes the gore if it's over the top can take the story away and concentrate on the gore too much

Do I need to watch The Cell again? I don't remember there being any incredibly difficult to watch scenes in that movie. Or maybe I'm just desensitized to it? haha

I can't speak for nat, but personally I like horror films in general, but I'm not a fan of gore. I don't find scenes with a lot of gore difficult to watch; I just don't find it terrifying.