The Thomas Crown Affair
0%
0 votes
Rollerball
0%
0 votes
Basic
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Hard to believe this guy has only directed 11 films... and his last one was 10 years ago

He's hit a bit of trouble recently too with his personal life, so thought it apt to make a Poll on the films of a Director who brought us some of Cinema's greatest.

So, in order of release, here they are, cast your votes...

Nomads (1986) - with Pierce Brosnan
Predator (1987) - with Arnold Schwarzenegger
Die Hard (1988) - with Bruce Willis
The Hunt For Red October (1990) - with Sean Connery
Medicine Man (1992) - with Sean Connery
Last Action Hero (1993) - with Arnold Schwarzenegger
Die Hard With A Vengeance (1995) - with Bruce Willis
The 13th Warrior (1999) - with Antonio Banderas
The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) - with Pierce Brosnan
Rollerball (2002) - with Chris Klein
Basic (2003) - with John Travolta

I went Predator myself... just love the guerrilla filmmaking of it all. Currently watching it now as it happens with McTiernan's commentary track on.

The bets McTiernan film is Die Hard but I voted for Die Hard with a Vengeance because it needs a vote.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's strange that he made 4 really great movies in Predator, Die Hard, HFRO and Die Hard with a Vengance then his movies started sucking ever since. Thomas Crown Affair wasn't bad though.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I went with Die Hard With A Vengeance because it's my favourite of the series, but Die Hard and Predator are also on my top 100. Hunt For Red October, Last Action Hero and Basic are also enjoyable films, in my opinion.

Die Hard.

Also like The Hunt For Red October, The 13th Warrior, Predator and Die Hard With A Vengeance. The only ones I haven't seen are his two remakes.

The 13th Warrior
is up there with his best films for me.