Roseanne series making a comeback

Tools    

I only watched the first 5 Seasons but i doubt you'd need to see it all anyway since it seems like its own thing and it disregards things that happened in later Seasons. Hope it's good.

They described it is coming back after a 2 week vacation, only they were gone 20 years. I think the show will be just as poignant now as it was then. Can't wait to see some of this when it comes online. I think its funny as sh*t that they are gonna have both of the blonde 'Becky' daughters involved somehow. Kind of interesting that no from the cast is dead 20 years late isn't it?

Kind of interesting that no from the cast is dead 20 years late isn't it?
The actor that played Becky's boyfriend Mark is. I realize you were probably talking about the main cast i just found that pretty shocking, also he was practically a main cast member for a season or two.

I watched it and enjoyed the show.Really was 2 half hour shows back to back. Lots of changes astir in the Conner family and I will not spoil it for other viewers. Some of the changes made a lot of sense for a working class family like this, though I did feel they piled on a lot of (to quote the View) hot topics very quickly. We' ll see how the show plays out, but it sure did make me laugh- great writing and great chemistry. Dan is probably my number one favorite character. He still has the same deadpan wit and easy way. ( when asked why he didn't stand up to his wife he replies 'that has never worked out for me '- lmao) I felt Sara certainly matured as an actress and DJ has become quite a nice looking young man. Rosanne is the old Rosanne from the early years of the show - I felt the original show veered off course with too many 'antics' like winning the lottery, and hope they don't do that here.

The one semi spoiler I ll mention is the family arguing about politics like they re on opposite sides of the Civil War. I can tell you I have been to many a dinner where this dynamic rang totally true. At least it was to see funny here.I love the 'real' of it.

As an old fan of the show, I ' d say give it a chance; I certainly will.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I saw it too. Intrigued to see more. Thought there were some good laughs. Roseanne brought a lot of humor. Jackie and Dan too.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I saw it too. Intrigued to see more. Thought there were some good laughs. Roseanne brought a lot of humor. Jackie and Dan too.
Pretty good, those were the three characters I was interested in. I would have liked to see more sibling relationship, etc., but instead they'd use the trends of the day and cash in on them. The show 20 years ago would have talked about jobs, having the power turned off, the human circumstances when life happens. I think it's trying to cash in on the chaos of the day (Trump, etc).. And even with that, no substance, just a few tag-lines "Hey deplorable!"

I didn't care much for the second episode, but I'll watch the show regardless. Darlene was the best younger actors, but there were a few parts I thought, bad acting.

I'm hoping these shows were to get people talking about it, to watch, and hope that they get to real meat. I always loved the show because it didn't waste time on the trivial gossip, but instead, real-life for a working-class family that isn't perfect, but at the end of the day, despite the problems, they knew love would save keep them going.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I'm hoping these shows were to get people talking about it, to watch, and hope that they get to real meat. I always loved the show because it didn't waste time on the trivial gossip, but instead, real-life for a working-class family that isn't perfect, but at the end of the day, despite the problems, they knew love would save keep them going.
Well said.

Watched the premiere yesterday, which was actually two episodes broadcast together...it was definitely a pale imitation of the original sitcom, but the chemistry between the actors is still solid. I was impressed that the premiere actually addressed what happened in the final episode of the original show, that book that Roseanne had allegedly written regarding the alleged truth behind the characters. We also learned that Becky's husband, Mark, had died, as his portrayer, Glenn Quinn did. Darlene now has two children, Harris, who was born during season 8, and a son named Mark who likes to wear women's clothes. I was a little curious as to why Darlene named her son, Mark, since she hated Mark. An intriguing long term storyline was initiated with Becky trying to be a surrogate for a woman actually being played by Sarah Chalke, who replaced Lecy Goranson the first time she left the show. Laurie Metcalf garnered major laughs as Jackie, who made the show's slight political bent very funny. As I said, not up to the original, but I think the show needs a little time to find its footing again. I'll keep watching.

I like the new show a lot and I think the chemistry is still there between all the actors.

I just found one thing that kind of irked me and I want to see if anyone else noticed it. There were a few times where I felt some of the laughs at the end of a few jokes were cut short. It sort of ruined the whole natural flow of the show for me. I know it is filmed in front of a live audience which is even more puzzling. Did anyone else noticed that? it just seems like there were some really funny moments where they should have left the laughs last a bit longer. It felt rushed.

I am really enjoying this show. They are going to, as Matt mentioned, the real 'meat ' of the show, which is a working class family struggling with finances, life and each other- but bound by love to see them through.

The writing, chemistry and timing between characters is superb. In tonight's show , Dan finally stands up to Rosanne - telling her to stop interfering in (daughter) Becky's life. To our (audience and Dan's) surprise, Rosanne agrees without a fight. The look on Dan's face is hilarious! Utter fear !!! rotflmao. He doesn't back down, but he does ask her not to poison his dinner

The entire show is like this, Very real, very human and very funny.

I really love how this show is going, seems like they've hit their stride well and promptly- looking forward to watching.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Joe Gillis: "I didn't know you were planning a comeback."
Norma Desmond: "I hate that word. It's a return, a return to the millions of people who have never forgiven me for deserting the screen."

I decided to check this out. Maybe it's just me, or maybe all sitcoms are like this... but all the lines seemed stunted and sounded like they were being read off cue cards. The verbal deliveries sounded like they were at the level of a grammar school play. It didn't sound like genuine interaction, but like people reading lines to each other. Even Roseanne, whose work I'm not familiar with, sounded like she was delivering pre-rehearsed one-liners to an audience at a stand up routine rather than interacting with family members. Was it always like this?

The only person who didn't sound like they were reading and delivering one-liners to an audience was John Goodman, whose delivery sounded more natural (although he had few lines).

JMHO

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I decided to check this out. Maybe it's just me, or maybe all sitcoms are like this... but all the lines seemed stunted and sounded like they were being read off cue cards. The verbal deliveries sounded like they were at the level of a grammar school play. It didn't sound like genuine interaction, but like people reading lines to each other. Even Roseanne, whose work I'm not familiar with, sounded like she was delivering pre-rehearsed one-liners to an audience at a stand up routine rather than interacting with family members. Was it always like this?

The only person who didn't sound like they were reading and delivering one-liners to an audience was John Goodman, whose delivery sounded more natural (although he had few lines).

JMHO
Very perceptive....

The show used to be really good, though. Bad writers, I guess. It's trying to be trendy, but the bite is gone. I'd watch the first seasons if you're interested.