Roseanne series making a comeback

Tools    

Seeing the clips from the old Rosanne made me want to give a chance to the reboot. I usually do not like remakes -I remember enjoying Will&Grace years ago but have no interest at all in the new one. And like many of you, I found the last year or so of the show dismal and had stopped watching. But the first years were so fresh and smart and funny-the family seemed so real and relatable (even if you weren't t a blue collar Midwestern housewife lol), I d like to give it a chance. I hope John Goodman comes back, I m sure the writers can come up with some explanation (maybe J. R. Ewing shot him but he recovered in the twilight zone )

Laurie Metcalf riding a red hot wave of critical acclaim with Lady Bird right now (which reviewers are just absolutely losing their mind about!). So timing seems pretty good.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/rose...bc-1202642024/

"The revival of “Roseanne” has an official premiere date, ABC announced Friday.

The new installment of the classic sitcom will debut on March 27 at 8 p.m ET/PT in a special hour-long premiere. It will then air in its regular Tuesday 8 p.m. time slot beginning April 3.
"

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
From a Yahoo article:

It’s as if she never left. Roseanne, ABC’s revival of the popular 1990s sitcom starring Roseanne Barr, will premiere on March 27 and air in the Tuesday 8 PM slot where the original series ran for its final two and a half seasons.
Roseanne will kick off its 9-episode new installment with an hourlong episode on Tuesday March 27 from 8-9 PM before settling into into its Tuesday 8 PM slot on April 3 when current Tuesday 8 PM occupant The Middle will relocate to 8:30 PM.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yep, that's the way I remember it.

Just saw the first promos on the network. Dan s back - so I m happy. As Matt said earlier, it was a real show about real people- I still remember them unloading the car, I think it was the first episode. trying to save money by having spent too much money at the dollar store. Lol Whew- think of all the quality work John Goodman s been doing these years-and Dan was such a likable character. So I m looking forward to it. Like to see how they explain Dan s rising from the ashes, or maybe it s really his newly discovered twin brother- previously raised by wolves and network executives (hard to tell the difference between the two).

http://tvline.com/2018/01/08/roseann...ss-conference/

Roseanne on the death of Dan:

"Barr maintained that Dan did not actually die in the series finale, despite the fact that he, um, did. “I think that you should rewatch it,” she challenged me, before adding inexplicably, “A lot of the reason that I did that was to add another layer of freshness for people who are going to watch the series over and over.”"

How the show plans to handle politics:

"Roseanne — and Roseanne Barr’s — support of President Trump, which is touched upon in the premiere, led to several tense moments. Barr, as if warned not to address her polarizing political beliefs during the presser, initially deferred to exec producer Bruce Helford when POTUS was brought up. “We had a lot of discussions in the very beginning about all of our beliefs,” he said. “What we really wanted to do was find a way for this particular family…to get that debate going in a very honest way, a very real way. There’s no agenda on anybody’s part. … We wanted to get out there and do something that we felt would be valuable toward healing things.” Added star/EP Sara Gilbert: “We did have a wonderful opportunity to talk about this in the context of a family. People feel like they can’t disagree and still love each other and talk to each other."

Been watching this recently because i wanted to see what the revival was like. Just finished Season 5, admittedly i've had it on in the background a lot so i've missed stuff but i've never been confused or anything. It's surprising how well it holds up, i mean there's some stuff that makes me cringe but i didn't even think i'd make it through a Season. It's not going to become a big favourite, understand why it is for others though it's funny and touching and even pretty heavy at times.

For the first Two Seasons or so Roseanne was my favourite, she is the funniest i mean she is a professional comedian. Dan has surpassed her since then when we get further into the heavy drama, he is a better actor so he handles that stuff better and he is also getting funnier all the time while i think Roseanne's dramatic acting is pretty one note, she's just too jokey and sarcastic all the time that her earnest moments don't feel right. Love both of them anyway, they are the best thing about the show love their chemistry. I also think Dan going straight serious goes well with Roseanne turning everything into a joke. Dan being angry on this show are some of my favourite moments, think the scene where he and Roseanne find out Jackie is being beaten by her boyfriend and Dan discreetly grabs his coat and leaves is my favourite episode ending.

I like having Jackie around the show needs another regular adult, i dunno though she's not a favourite even though she can be funny. She has this weird inflection that's annoying and i don't find any of her storylines that interesting, all of her relationships (including Clooney) have been very dull. The one i was most interested in was the domestic violence one but i don't think she handled it well. Both Darlene and DJ are my favourite kids for different reason. I'm very surprised how well i've responded to Darlene's drama, i've actually related to a bunch of it, good character. Also i really despise Galecki on BBT but i actually think he's by far the best boyfriend on the show so far. DJ runs Roseanne close for funniest character, i dunno i expected his young kid humour to get grating but he gets funnier each Season. The actor isn't good exactly but i dunno his off delivery works a bunch for the kid speaking like an adult role they've given him. Becky was by far the worst character on the show, glad she's gone. I think the writers did a good job but the actress is so bad, she ruined every big scene she was involved in. Also RIP and all but i don't think the actor who played Mark was good either.

Anyway good show.

OMG that Dan was dead joke

Still, trying to stay optimistic.
Yeah, the trailer isn't doing it much justice, huh? It'll take some time to get back into the swing of things I'd imagine. We'll see.