Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

Bump!

Pink Floyd- The Division Bell

I didn't realize how critically hammered this album was, but holy **** I loved it. one of the most powerful music listening experiences I've ever had. I'd even put this above Dark Side of the Moon

Future - Honest (2014) -

BADBADNOTGOOD - III (2014)

Phosphorescent - Muchacho (2013) -

Co La - Moody Coup (2013) -

Bonobo - The North Borders (2013) -
+
Jon Hopkins - Immunity (2013) -

Sigur Rós - Kveikur (2013) -
+
Andy Stott - Luxury Problems (2012) -
-

U2: Songs Of Innocence - 8/10

Not sure if someone has mentioned yet, but this new U2 album is free on iTunes for the next few weeks. Few songs are really good.... Caifornia is my most favorite.
_

Alt J - This is all yours 9/10

Let the night air cool you off

Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
(Big Boi; 2010)

Track ratings

1. Feel Me (Intro)
2. Daddy Fat Sax -

3. Turns Me On -

4. Follow Us -

5. Shutterbugg -

6. General Patton -

7. Tangerine -

8. You Ain't No DJ -

9. Hustle Blood -

10. Be Still -

11. Fo Yo Sorrows -

12. Night Night -

13. Shine Blockas -

14. The Train, Pt. 2 (Sir Lucious Left Foot Saves the Day) -

15. Back Up Plan -

It's been awhile since I listened to this album, I remember it fondly, so a revisit was in order. I think I might have overrated it because of how much I love "Shutterbugg."

This album would have benefited from better hooks. I wasn't really feeling most of them, and the hook on "Follow Us" ruins the song entirely. If weren't for these hooks, this album would be a bona fide masterpiece.

Tracks 5-8 are fantastic and make this album worth listening to. "Daddy Fat Sax" belongs in that category as well. "Shutterbugg" is by far the best track on the album, and a contender for best song of 2010. Yelawolf deserves a shoutout for his two best verses ever, both on "You Ain't No DJ." I usually don't like that guy, but somehow his schtick worked in the context of the song.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
(Kanye West; 2010)

Track ratings

1. Dark Fantasy -

2. Gorgeous -

3. POWER -

4. All of the Lights (Interlude)
5. All of the Lights -

6. Monster -

7. So Appalled -

8. Devil in a New Dress -

9. Runaway -

10. Hell of a Life -

11. Lost in the World -

12. Who Will Survive in America

I love this album so much. It's my favorite rap album, maybe my favorite album period. There's nothing I dislike about it. Every person Kanye recruits to join him on this masterpiece steps their game up. Nicki Minaj kills it. How often do you get to say that?

Kanye's sample game has always been top-notch, but the sampling of "21st Century Schizoid Man" on "POWER" melts my brain every time it screeches off the wax.

That piano on Runaway though. I wanna make love to this album.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
the sampling of "21st Century Schizoid Man" on "POWER" melts my brain every time it screeches off the wax.
Just listened it on YT. King Crimson profanation.
That piano on Runaway though.
Slightly better, but still wouldn't call it good.

And the album is 3.87/5 on RYM.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

JJ, I agree that "Shutterbug" is the best song on Sir Lucius Left Foot. Great track.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is indeed a masterpiece

I've been continuing on my Pink Floyd (Re)Exploration

Wish You Were Here

++

Animals

+

Just listened it on YT. King Crimson profanation.
Slightly better, but still wouldn't call it good.

And the album is 3.87/5 on RYM.
Werckmeister Harmonies -

Bump!

Pink Floyd- The Division Bell

I didn't realize how critically hammered this album was, but holy **** I loved it. one of the most powerful music listening experiences I've ever had. I'd even put this above Dark Side of the Moon
That one is probably my favorite.

This is All Yours (Alt-J, 2014) -

My favorite album right now. It's an album that grows on you the more you listen to it, so even though I liked it at first, I love it now. I love just lying in my bed with the album playing.

My favorite song on it is "Nara". And no, it's not just because of the line "love is the warmest color."

Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King

- The real proof that Rock/Metal is still alive in Modern Generation . This Band are awesome even if they lost their amazing drummer in 2009, it still great. R.I.P The Rev.

I stopped listening to this kind of music, but I remember I really liked A7X. I even learnt some of their stuff on guitar. I didn't listen to Hail to the King, because by the time it was released I already lost my interest with the band, but I heard it's one big rip-off.

Everything Based
(Lil B; 2010)

Track ratings

1. Intro
2. Rich Bitch -

3. Pretty Boy -

4. Cook Steak Knife -

5. Everything Based -

6. Wanton Soup -

7. Cook My Bitch -

8. Soulja Boy Checks In - [rating]why is Soulja Boy here?[rating]
9. Cooking Dance -

10. Shoutout (Interlude)
11. Insane -

12. All I Know -

13. Suck My Dick Hoe -
- The last 30 seconds of this song is a commercial for his upcoming work and his "250 free songs" on some website
14. I Got Bitches -
- Lil B does something like sing-wail-rap over the "Dirty Diana" instrumental. It's amazing. One of only two humorous songs that hit. (by the way, this isn't the only song called "I Got Bitches" by Lil B. I think he has a bunch of songs with that same title as a joke, but I don't know what is real anymore.)
15. The Summer (Interlude)
16. The Summer -

17. Violate That Bitch -

18. T-Shirt & Buddens -
- A surprisingly good diss song.
19. Like A Martian -

Lil B is so prolific that it's impossible for all of his releases to suck, or for all of his releases to be good. He's also an enigma, an anomaly to be sure. He is the most polarizing figure in rap, or perhaps that's not that the correct way to put it. It's hard to tell if people who claim to like him really do. There's people who ironically love the self-proclaimed Based God, there's people who legitimately love him, people who started out ironically loving him and got tired of the schtick, and then there's the people who think he is just trash. I don't fall in any of those categories, but I think most people who've listened to him do.

This particular mixtape isn't one of his good ones. This tape is missing any of his surprisingly deep serious songs ("No Black Person is Ugly" is a good example.) Not much of his attempts at humor hit either, really. I think the overuse of the word "swag" is meant as a joke, but it's hard to tell if B is in on the joke or if the joke is on us or if there is a joke at all. If Lil B is meaning to be funny, he's the best at deadpan delivery in the rap game.

I am going to listen to some more of his mixtapes/albums, I am hoping that this is an outlier on the bad side.

Portishead - Dummy -

Stealin' Swan's favourites - Part I: I'm a dummy I haven't listened it before.

Well, I'm really impressed. And it's 2 AM in the night right now and I'm listening this album and waiting for it to end in order to finally get to sleep! I will give it a second listen tomorrow. Maybe it's a four star album after all!

Overly Dedicated
(Kendrick Lamar; 2010)

track rating

1. The Heart, Pt. 2 -

2. Growing Apart (To Get Closer) -

3. Night of the Living Junkies -

4. P&P 1.5 -

5. Alien Girl (Today, W/ Her) -

6. Opposites Attract (Tomorrow W/O Her) -

7. Michael Jordan -

8. Ignorance Is Bliss -