A Song For March (a song tourney with a difference)

Tools    

Thought I might as well put this out there and see if there was any interest.....
  • Join in and drop out as you please
  • No set number of nominations
  • Nominate on the fly
  • Max song duration: 10 minutes
  • No individual matches - no random or (as in some cases) no host fixing the matches
  • Only one nomination per person per 'round'
  • Only those with songs nominated in any 'round' are eligible to vote; except the 'Final' where all those that have previously nominated a song in the month may vote should they wish

Every couple of days will be a new 'round' where any and all newly nominated songs are up against each other. As soon as voting starts for one 'round' nominations will be accepted for the next 'round'.

Players vote by ranking all the songs in that 'round' from 1 (their favourite) to n (their least favourite). Songs will be awarded points based on their positional ranking in each vote (number of points will depend on the number of songs contesting the 'round' - if 10 songs #1 song would get 10 points, #10 song would get 1 point).

The winning song from each 'round' (or songs in the case of a tie) goes through to the 'Final' at the end of the month.

Simples but if any relevant questions just ask.

Now taking nominations for Round 1 (only 1 song per player), nominations will close 9am GMT on 2nd March.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
paint me intrigued --

Clutch - Electric Worry

Phew, thanks for joining in guys, at least I'll not be on my own for Round 1 like I half-expected

Nice to see you both for round 1, takes us to 5 songs now.
Play as few or as many rounds as you feel you'd like to hk

Anyone else that wants to join still has until 9am GMT tomorrow morning to get their nom in.

A system of cells interlinked
I'm in!

Hanging Gardens - Unearth

My nom:
Journey - Wheel In The Sky

one of my all time fav song

Wowser, went to bed with 5 noms, woke up to 12
Thanks to all for joining in, hopefully it proves an enjoyable experience.
I'll pop Round 1 up for voting in a few minutes which also means nominations for Round 2 will be open at that point too.