MoFo Fantasy Football 2019 - The Regular Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Looks like I finally solved my TE problem, but it is too little, too late this week. If I had played Wentz instead of Captain Kirk this week, I might have had a slim chance of pulling this one out, but since I am relying on some goon WR on Miami, of all teams, I doubt even that would have helped me get over the top. The bye weeks and injuries have laid my team low over the past few weeks.

Such is the fantasy life in 14 team league.

I won my first game. Thought I was gonna lose again when Crowder got less than 4 points, and Cookswas pulled with a concussion & donut. Thankfully Drew Brees came back and was himself, and Edelman had the biggest game of his season so far. Best I can hope for is an overall record of 6-7, but hope for it I shall.

As expected, Mr. Miami did not pull it out for me, so even if I had left Wentz in, I still would have lost.

Not looking good for me!

My team got back on track this week, due in no small part to Miami's Preston Williams, who has been steadily improving. Moving forward, he should be a great asset to my team is out for the season with a knee injury.

Because of course he is.

It does seem plausible, talent level's are presumably still rising, so the differences between most starters and most guys on the fringe of starting are pretty small. So a bunch of new dudes get an opportunity and, duh, turns out they're just as good or better than the guys they're replacing.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The number of dudes who are just good out of nowhere is higher than ever, right? Sure seems that way. Or maybe I'm paying less attention this year.
It's been this way a few years. Honestly, fantasy football has pretty much become a game of luck for the most part.

Hey boys, score some points and junk this week k?!? Go team!

More than made up for by Baltimore, which has two defensive TDs today. Oof.

Meanwhile, CHI/NYG/KC have nine combined TDs and Robinson/Barkley/Watkins have none of 'em. TD roulette is usually what determines each week. Not lookin' good so far.

Close match between Le'veon and myself this week. I am up by 10, which I am hoping is enough to get by his kicker tonight. Dax's last pass last night was to Witten in the end zone, but it fell incomplete. If that had connected, I think the game would have been out of reach for my opponent. Alas...

What a weird year. I've had to put a number of "Lowest Score" entries into the league record book this season. Seems like things are more boom-or-bust than ever.

Theorycrafting reason: teams are putting more emphasis on gameplan, so when they have a marginal edge, they exploit it like mad, which means more games where one dude gets all the work (or TDs), leading to wild swings.