MoFo Health Thread

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
So I just got home from a wonderful overnight at the hospital.

I went to this little clinic place that I go to and they do vitals every time you go in. My first blood pressure reading was 203/133. Of course everyone is laughing and saying what a big mistake that is except it was the same next time. They did it manually and it was a little lower but lower as in 190/109. They called an ambulance and I had to go to the hospital. No choice, I was going. They made me do the stroke test and I passed. At this point I started
getting a raging headache and sweating profusely. (That always makes you feel wonderful around the cute EMTs.

I had blood panels, electrocardiogram, a ct scan of my brain and chest ex~rays. No conclusive evidence as to why my blood pressure is so high, the headaches or the profuse sweating.

The threw around the word brain tumor I couple of times because I've also been having severe mood swings and irritability. No tumor.

It could be something bacterial, I think? I was on Ativan during that part of the conversation. Tim knows but he's sleeping right now. I have to get more tests done later.

My blood pressure stabilized and they let me out. Still high, but not dangerously so.

So far 2015 is kicking my butt. I'm a little scared there is really something wrong medically with me. Who has this blood pressure that high at 30?

My goodness Godog, I am sorry to hear your going through that. I am glad it wasn't either of the major two problems you mentioned. Keep us informed.

Hopefully, if I get more tests we can figure out what this is and get it taken care of.

At least it's not a brain tumor. They seem kind of interested in my brain specifically, but what does your brain have to do with high blood pressure?

And why didn't they send me to Dr. House?

Just remember if they do, you will get much worse before getting better.
The doctor I did have looked nineteen tops. He was really good but I was hoping for experience. He kept telling me that he had never seen anyone so young with such high blood pressure. I told him that he couldn't have been a doctor longer than yesterday, maybe, but he laughed and said "I'm older than I look" Well that leaves a lot of room. I'd certainly card him for a beer.

Some of it is kind of fun honestly but then there is also the being scared and not knowing what it wrong with you part.

The ct scan was fun. It's not scary like some people think. It's just this big whirring sound. I have to get my records so I can see my brain. That would be cool. I have no idea what my brain looks like. I bet it's really big.

What is ridiculous is how much it costs. Absolutely ridiculous.
Oh child, you have no idea what this will cost me. I've heard ambulance rides are crazy expensive as are ct scans.

My dad is telling me not to worry about it, but I want to pay my own way in life.

Tim and I may end up rushing things just to get me on his insurance. I have insurance but his is better.

Seriously hoping everything is okay, Goddogo. That is really scary.

On a more pleasant note, has anyone ever noticed how hot EMTs are? Wow. Even my boyfriend commented that it figures they would send me those two. I didn't get as lucky as I could have. We went past a sea of them and there was one that is just about worth hurting yourself just to have him help you.

Even my doctor was really cute. Actually so was my nurse. It wasn't all bad.

Godoggo, I'm sure they will get to the bottom of this and it will be OK. But boy I bet your stressed right about now, sorry to hear about this.

190/109 is not only very high but strange, as the first number is the Systolic and abnormally high compared to your second number, the Diastolic.

Have they checked you for any serve allergy reactions? Sudden high blood pressure can happen with a reaction to food allergies, or medicines. If in the past you had normal blood pressure and all of a sudden it went high, try to think of what changed in your life, (foods, medicines, etc).

No, they didn't. I wonder though. That might make sense.

Now, I'm wondering what all I should stop taking. They told me to stop taking
one thing, I'm wondering if I should stop taking everything but my lisinopril now?

No! it's real dangerous to stop taking prescribed medications. So please don't do that. But if your taking vitamin/nutrient supplements you could stop those.

People can have severe reactions to all sorts of things. Some are really made sick by coming into contact with latex, or foods like nuts.

Can you monitor your blood pressure at home? If you buy an inexpensive BP tester you can monitor your BP after you get up in the morning, mid day and at late night, recording your BP and seeing if there is a change through out the day. Sometimes that can help a doctor make a determination.

They are medical prescriptions. One of which the side effect is....high blood pressure.

I'm not taking that one anymore. I just started it anyway and the more I look into it it looks awful.

Yeah, I can monitor my blood pressure.

Hopefully that med you stopped taking was the cause of your high BP.

Some meds do have nasty side effects. Some meds are tolerated by themselves but when taken with a second prescription they can have strange side effects.

I meant to put that they Aren't medical prescriptions.

Yeah, that one I looked up was especially nasty and maybe wasn't working well with the other one.

It's back to the doctor Monday, so hopefully we can get this all sorted out.

The word from the doc is hyperthyroidism. Easily treatable but until the meds start working I'm going to Dunkin' Donuts for a dozen donuts then Chopstix and then the most fattening Starbucks drink they have. I'm taking advantage of this why I can because when you have an over active thyroid you lose weight like crazy.