Coronavirus

Tools    

Doesn't help the poor million-plus that died much does it.
Well, no, but that would be the case whenever we celebrate those who survive any natural disaster - should some surviving not be celebrated with the only focus being on those that did not?

When society celebrates a medicine that eradicates an illness, it doesn't help all those who've already succumbed in the past... so should the progress not be acknowledged and celebrated?

When a war ends or a ceasefire is declared, that doesn't help all those who've been killed by hostilities... yet it still makes headlines.

When a serial killer is apprehended and brought to justice, it doesn't help those they've already killed, yet people are relieved and grateful for the accomplishment and consider it good news.

Well, no, but that would be the case whenever we celebrate those who survive any natural disaster - should some surviving not be celebrated with the only focus being on those that did not?
Absolutely - feel free to celebrate those recoveries all you want, indeed I look forward to reading all your future posts in here doing just that.

Absolutely - feel free to celebrate those recoveries all you want, indeed I look forward to reading all your future posts in here doing just that.
Thanks.

In this case recoveries are even more important than people surviving a disaster because they represent and are part of the natural movement toward "herd" or "community" immunity (this also does nothing for those already killed, but is immensely important for those of us still here and future generations).

Some reports indicate herd immunity may already be taking effect in some areas.

And, although it is usually nature's solution to pandemics, it's not a rosy one - it does not mean no one dies from the virus anymore, per se, or that susceptible populations suddenly become immune, but more like the virus runs out of people it can kill (because they are either already dead from it or have contracted it, recovered and formed antibodies).

It is possible that herd immunity may gain a foothold before a viable vaccine can be produced and distributed worldwide.

So, people who've succumbed should be mourned & remembered, those still susceptible should be protected, but those who've contracted the virus and recovered - they are the key to this virus running out of places & people it can effect which is why recording the recovery numbers is so very important (yet, it's one statistic most news networks omit... I guess because those numbers don't serve a political agenda.)

So, people who've succumbed should be mourned & remembered, those still susceptible should be protected, but those who've contracted the virus and recovered - they are the key to this virus running out of places & people it can effect which is why recording the recovery numbers is so very important (yet, it's one statistic most news networks omit... I guess because those numbers don't serve a political agenda.)
In other words, let’s dwell on the positive.

You ready? You look ready.
In not so positive news I am seeing more and more people running around without any masks on, and I am also seeing more and more businesses getting lax and house parties. It's a good thing I don't like eating out in crowded places or house parties.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

⬆️ Here in Connecticut I think almost all of us know we need to wear a mask now. There’s always some idiot who doesn’t, but what can one do?

Yeah I haven't heard of such a harsh crime for it beforehand, I wonder if it will set a precedent?

It is very sad, of course. Although I wonder why Trump doesn't show the statistics of those died of flu, tb and cancer too? Not interesting any longer?

Although I wonder why Trump doesn't show the statistics of those died of flu, tb and cancer too? Not interesting any longer?
How would this be relevant during a pandemic?

It's not relevant, he's just making a quick 10 post so he can then post links.
I remember when I first joined... I posted 10 posts about West Side Story!
(Oh wait... that was somebody else!)

Anybody remember the person who'd only post about WSS, even on threads that had nothing to do with the movie... with really long, redundant posts, but about nothing else? (Ah, the old days!)

I remember when I first joined... I posted 10 posts about West Side Story!
(Oh wait... that was somebody else!)

Anybody remember the person who'd only post about WSS, even on threads that had nothing to do with the movie... with really long, redundant posts, but about nothing else? (Ah, the old days!)
Ha, did I post about West Side Story when I first joined? I don't remember but yeah it's something I might have talked about. WSS sure I remember him...he really, really really, loved West Side Story!

Ha, did I post about West Side Story when I first joined? I don't remember but yeah it's something I might have talked about. WSS sure I remember him...he really, really really, loved West Side Story!
It wasn't you either, Rules (even if you posted about the movie).
I think the person's I.D. was "West Side Story Lover" or something like that!

It wasn't you either, Rules (even if you posted about the movie).
I think the person's I.D. was "West Side Story Lover" or something like that!
Ah OK...I looked it up, he's WSSlover. He's been a member for over 12 years, a long time. This was his signature trademark thread All Things West Side Story

...seems a certain someone was the last person to post on that thread, the dreaded 'thread killer'

Ah OK...I looked it up, he's WSSlover. He's been a member for over 12 years, a long time. This was his signature trademark thread All Things West Side Story

...seems a certain someone was the last person to post on that thread, the dreaded 'thread killer'
That is absolutely hysterical! (I had no idea!)
And (hate to blow horn) but my posts are cracking me up too!

Dang... now it's making me miss WSSlover!

You ready? You look ready.
It is looking like a second stimulus package could happen. There's some serious movement happening behind the scenes at the moment. White House has signed off on a newer number of $1.6 trillion. Now we just gotta get Senate Republicans on board, so if you're in a state with a Republican seat and you wanna see it I suggest calling their offices.

There's hope. A sliver of pie in the sky hope.