link the movies

Tools    

ok here's the game, you gotta link to the movies by the actors going through as few films as possible. and example:

naked gun -> one fine day
leslie nielson was in naked gun, and was in naked gun 33 1/3 with fred ward. fred ward was in thinderheart with val kilmer who was in heat with al pacino, alpacino was in scarface with michelle pfeiffer who was in one fine day.

k, now for the first one:

the godfather -> carrie

MovieForums Extra
Whoah, you definitely have to know your movies to get this one...

Let's see. I've never seen Carrie before, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

Marlon Brando was in The Godfather, and he was also in Superman with Christopher Reeve. Louis Lane was in Superman with Christopher Reeve and so was Clark Kent...aachh I'm hopeless at this !!!

Actually, the Godfather to Carrie is pretty simple.

Robert Duvall was in The Godfather. Duvall was also in A Civil Action, co-starring John Travolta. John Travolta was in Carrie.

How about linking "Boogie Nights" to "9 to 5"?

Burt Reynolds was in Boogie Nights. Burt was in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Dolly Parton. Dolly was in 9 to 5.

Presumed Innocent to The Breakfast Club.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Harrison Ford was in Presumed Innocent. Harrison Ford co-starred with Richard Dreyfuss in American Graffiti. Dreyfuss co-starred with Emilio Estevez in Stakeout. Emilio Estevez was in the Breakfast Club.

(Believe it or not, I completely forgot that Burt Reynolds was in Boogie Nights. I had a completely different tie that went through William H. Macy and James Woods).

How about: "Slums of Beverly Hills" to "Oh God".

Marisa Tomei was in Slums. Marisa To Keanu Reeves in The Watcher. Keenu to Greg Kinnear in The Gift. Greg was in Oh God.

How about Tom Selleck to Sean Patrick Flanery.

Actually, Greg Kinnear wasn't in "Oh God". He was in "Dear God", which is actually a different movie (Oh God starred John Denver).

Unfortunately, I don't remember how I got from Slums of Beverly Hills to Oh God (I remember it was through Barnard Hughes).

As for Tom Selleck to Sean Patrick Flannery, how about:

Selleck was in In & Out with Kevin Kline. Kline was in Grand Canyon with Steve Martin. Martin was in Parenthood with Mary Steenburgen (who, by the way, grew up in the same small Arkansas town as my mother). Steenburgen was in Powder with Sean Patrick Flannery.

(And another link between the two actors would be that Tom Selleck was almost cast as Indiana Jones and Sean Patrick Flannery later played the Young Indiana Jones on TV, but that's not linking them in the way of the game).

Oh God, you're right. Complete and total blonde moment there. LOL. Ooops.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Something tells me this game didn't make it to everyone, simply because it was a tricky little number.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

This is Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, hold the Bacon. OK, here's an easy one to get it going again...

Bird (1988) to Birdy (1984)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bird to Birdy? Easy.

Forest Whitaker - Phenomenon - John Travolta - Face/Off - Nicolas Cage - Birdy.

Memento to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

That's right, it was an easy one, but you made it more complicated by adding an extra link there. Forest Whitaker & Nic 'Coppola' Cage were both in Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

Memento to Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's* Stone can go like this...

Memento's Carrie-Anne Moss was in Red Planet with Terence Stamp, who was in Stephen Frear's [color=orange-red]The Hit[/color] with John Hurt, co-star of Harry Potter.

Try Groundhog Day to Independence Day
There is at least one movie with common co-stars from both flicks.

*it's known as Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone to us Yanks. We don't know nuffin' 'bout no Philosophy.

Crap, this is so easy, but I can't remember the film name, and I know IMDB would be cheating. There's just like 2 steps tops...but I can't remember it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, there's that one too, directed by Wim Wenders. The initials are E.O.V....

Chris Elliott and Randy Quaid did a movie together too.

This is supposed to be an easy one, guys. You really AREN'T very good at this type of game.