The Black Dahlia

Tools    

Brian De Palma is working on an adaptation of James Ellroy's classic (in my opinion) novel, "The Black Dahlia". I don't have much faith that this will turn out well... I mean, come on, Josh Hartnett? Yeah friggin' right.

Here's an interview with Ellroy, you can see his thoughts on the deal toward the end. (He also makes an interesting comment about Tarantino somewhere in the interview.)

It's been awhile since De Palma has made a great film. I hope it's good, because it would be a shame to bring a literary classic to the theaters just to ruin its name. Thanks for the heads up.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I hope it's good, because it would be a shame to bring a literary classic to the theaters just to ruin its name.
It's really a shame when that happens. I hate seeing the things I love get ruined. Hopefully this will turn out as good as L.A. Confidential, that was a great adaptation. I'll try to stay optimistic for now. (Check out the link to the interview with him (James Ellroy), he's got some interesting points... then again maybe he's just being "outrageous".)