Guilty Pleasures?

Tools    

Bruce Campbell Groupie
mine have to be Basket Case, Brain Damage, Hell Island and the Sleepaway Camp movies.

Welcome to the human race...
Here's a new one...

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over

It has incredibly cheesy dialogue (all three SK movies do, but this one really does) and the ending would have any serious film connoisseur throwing up ("To family!") and of course, the highlight is Sylvester Stallone as the Toymaker. That is gold.

So bad, yet so fun...

My life isn't written very well.
Freaked, yeah that's my guilty pleasure!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Half man, half machine
Johnny Guitar (1954).

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." - Roger Ebert

Starcraft good in 97' good now
anything with the words star trek

Taking care of planet Earth
My guilty pleasures off the top of my head:

Top Gun

Tin Cup

Big Trouble in Little China (although I guess I shouldn't feel guilty about this. Carpenter was way ahead of his time with this chop-socky adventure. Great dialogue too.)

Porky's
Starship Troopers
Showgirls
Conan the Barbarian
Death Wish
Clash of the Titans

history *is* moralizing
is Gilmore Girls a guilty pleasure?????????? - i refuse to put it in the same category as Seventh Heaven! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

There are those who call me...Tim.
King Kong (1976)

I actually felt incredibly sad when Kong died at the end. It was heartbreaking! But what was with that 40ft robot gorilla nonsense...

It was 10 at the time, and it was shown as part of BBC2's "Monster Night". One of the programs was a Godzilla film where he fought a giant lobster, and at the end he was using the lobsters claws as castanets

Originally Posted by Knoxville
mine have to be Basket Case, Brain Damage, Hell Island and the Sleepaway Camp movies.
Lol, those aren't guilty pleasures, those are genuinely good movies.

In my mind anyhow. That's like everything I loved as a kid. Plus stuff like "Silent Night, Deadly Night," "Chopping Mall" and the "Phantasm" movies. All good stuff!!

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
King Kong (1976)
Do you know it's on TV tomorrow at 1.05pm on Channel 4? I really want to see it, just out of curiosity. But it's on at the same time as A Night At The Opera, so I'll probably give it a miss (I can only tape the channel I'm watching, unfortunately).

Uptown Girls

I'm only going to list mine one at a time, just to prolong the agony.

First guilty pleasure:

Tank Girl
I have to admit the main reason I love this movie is Lori Petty. She rocks, as far as I'm concerned. Of course having Naomi Watts as a sidekick doesn't hurt, even though the filmmakers try their best to make her unattractive. But let's face it, folks: there ain't no way to ugly up Naomi Watts.

And hey, you gotta give props to any movie that can get Ice-T to dress up as a mutant kangaroo.

And yeah, I've heard some folks say the comic book is WAY better than the movie. But you know what? I've never read the comic. So there.

lol..way to resurrect an old thread..

mine is:

The Count of Monte Cristo

The first titles to pop in my head when I saw the title were "Streets of Fire", "Sixteen Candles", and "Valley Girl". Don't ask why but if either one was on right now, I'd stop what I'm doing and watch again.

A system of cells interlinked
Hey Eq, how's it going?

I'd have to say that Robert Rodriguez's The Faculty was highly entertaining. perputually watchable, man.