Movies everyone else loved but you hated

Tools    

I'm not sure if there is already a thread for this but...

What movies do you absolutly hate that every person you meet loves?

I stole this idea from "movies you thought would be bad but were good" and changed it to "movies you thought would be good but were bad"

Don't kill me for saying this, but I HATED Lord of the Rings.

Also, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Any other opinions?
"They'll never know how tough it is to be the one who isn't Chosen, to live so near the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me." - Xander in Potential.

gotta say that i agree with you on crouching tiger hidden dragon
i also hated super troopers(but maybe i should see it again...i was half-asleep)
austin powers in goldmember

Feed me breadcrumbs
lotr 3 rocked mate

but if any movie sucked it was X2, man was that a let down. lets put the coolest bit of the movie at the start to ruin the rest of the movie for our audience .

Titanic
Pearl Harbor
Gone With the Wind

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I agree, Titanic sucked... majorly.

And then there's Finding Nemo... I didn't HATE it, I thought it was an OK movie and all, but I wasn't all ga-ga over it like everyone else that I've had to come in contact with...

And I hated that Eminem movie too (doesn't even warrant a remembering of the name)

Bonnie and Clyde, French Connection, Chinatown, Bullit, The Sting, The Conversation..."Hated" is too strong a word, more like, wasn't as impressed as others seem to be. Though it's been a while since I've see Chinatown, and i'll give it another chance.

Underrated films of the 70's being... "the Pawnbroker", "Lenny", and "Paper Moon".

Originally Posted by Travis_Bickle
"Paper Moon".
It did win Oscars. The others on your list surprise me, I would have thought you would've liked em. C'mon! Popeye Doyle, man!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

All those films I've listed as not liking, I have to admit, they have some really interesting scenes; like the car chases in the "French Connection" and "Bullit", the sliced nose of Nicholson, and the hopeless ending of "Chinatown", of course the first showing of senseless violence in "Bonnie and Clyde"... nothing really in "The Conversation" that stands out, except maybe, the opening slow zoom in shot. These scenes, I love to watch, but for me to really like a movie, it's got to be more than just a classic scene, and a bunch of filler.

Paper Moon may have won some oscars, but it does not get nearly the attention that it deserves.

Originally Posted by Travis_Bickle
Paper Moon may have won some oscars, but it does not get nearly the attention that it deserves.
Not nowadays it doesn't, you're right about that. I just wanna say that I LOVE that movie.

I am having a nervous breakdance
A Beautiful Mind. Calculating and suffocating. And I don't care what people say about Crowe. I think he is a very limited and not so great actor and I don't find him believable at all.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Titanic
Pearl Harbor
Gone With the Wind
Agree on all accounts, would also like to add Spiderman and definately Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

I am with a few others, in dislike of:

Titanic
Spider man
Crouching tiger etc

Titanic: ok, I think this movie was well done from an "non-romantic" or whatever aspect. I really didn't care for the romance part. But the sinking scene is really cool.

Pearl Harbour: I saw this opening day, and frankly. . .I was bored. That's all I have to say about that.

the Ring: I know I've beat this horse to death fifteen times over on how much I dislike the Ring, so if you want more info., look on basically every post that I've. . .posted.

Donnie Darko: I don't care what anybody says to argue with this, but I just didn't like the movie. I know I'm in one of the biggest minorites ever, but oh well. Although the rabbit scared me the first time I saw it, that doesn't make up for my disliking the film.
And found he was eating his shoe.

The Wizard of Oz.

Originally Posted by cosmonaut
The Wizard of Oz.

Airplane! sucks, even tough most people seem to like it.

The Hulk

Everybody seemed to like that movie...