I, Robot

Tools    

will smith in this movie? well thats a big change.

Never conform, never compromise....

Um...so this IS a movie??
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Originally Posted by jrs
[b]I-Robot, yes it is. The ad is the teaser for it.

DAMN IT, i feel pretty stupid now, but i was hoping it was real..even though it would lead to a war eventually, lol.

Originally Posted by jrs
Wil Smith in I Robot ....

Well, this movies prolly gonna suck. Smith is funny, but, I think it'll end up being like MIB2.

They better not mess it up. I'm a big Isaac Asimov fan, and I'd hate to see the series sullied by a crappy movie.

I think Will Smith could do good by this movie. He is funny, but can be serious when need be (take Enemy of the State for example). And you can't really compare this to MIB2. MIB2 was a sequel, and in a completely different vane (hope I used the right "vane") than this story.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Spoon
They better not mess it up.

or what?...you'll break their knee-caps?

i hope it's good too

I hope this is a good film. Will can do drama superbly, if this needs it. Take a look at Six Degrees of Seperation. And of course he has the snappy comic touch.

Originally Posted by Spoon
..And you can't really compare this to MIB2
Absolutely correct. I-Robot is incomparable.

well...as i have said before
i'll reserve judgement on this film untill after i see it with my own two eyes

Originally Posted by jrs
I hope this is a good film. Will can do drama superbly, if this needs it. Take a look at Six Degrees of Seperation. And of course he has the snappy comic touch.

Absolutely correct. I-Robot is incomparable.
Sorry if I offened anyone, but I have to admit that I have NO IDEA what this movie is about, I thought it was you typical Will Smith, cheesy action flick(MIB, MIB2 and Wild Wild West). And I have to admit, I hope was wrong.

Thursday Is Best
it seems pretty kewl, i hope will smith does a nice role for it. it does look like a good story, i think

Plot summary

Set in a future Earth (2035 A.D.) where robots are common assistants and workers for their human owners, this is the story of "robotophobic" Chicago Police Detective Del Spooner's (Smith) investigation into the murder of Dr. Miles Hogenmiller, who works at U.S. Robotics (run by Greenwood), in which a robot, Sonny (Tudyk), appears to be implicated, even though that would mean the robot had violated the Laws of Robotics, which is apparently impossible. It seems impossible because.. if robots can break those laws, there's nothing to stop them from taking over the world, as humans have grown to become completely dependent upon their robots. Or maybe... they already have? Aiding Spooner in his investigation is a psychologist, Dr. Susan Calvin (Moynahan), who specializes in the psyches of robots

this keeps sounding better and better to me

I must become Caligari..!
Alex Proyas is directing, if Smith pulls off a good job, It should be a good film
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Asimov is perhaps my favourite author, so I am really looking forward to this movie. Now if they would only do something on his Foundation series...

I don't like that poster much, but I'm looking forward to this, I like what Proyas did with Dark City and The Crow, and I think Smith can do well, I enjoyed Enemy of the State.