The official MoFo boxing thread

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I watched both of those youtube videos. I like what I see. I like Pernell more, because he is basically Bugs Bunny in a boxing ring. I'll watch some Rigondeaux fights on youtube, he looks like he could be a new favorite of mine.

I watched both of those youtube videos. I like what I see. I like Pernell more, because he is basically Bugs Bunny in a boxing ring. I'll watch some Rigondeaux fights on youtube, he looks like he could be a new favorite of mine.
It's only really been over the last two or three fights that Rigondeaux has became agressive but he's always been a solid counterpuncher, defensively he's the best right now other than Mayweather imo.

He beat one of my other favourite active boxers; Nonito Donaire. Another fighter i'd suggest. I actually caught Donaire on an undercard years ago when he was barely known and he's been a favourite ever since. Another video

I don't recognize the fighters he beat, but apparently he beat them pretty easily. His last fight was in May, so I guess I might have to wait for awhile to see him fight live.

Both Rigondeaux and Golovkin have fights scheduled for July, so I am pretty excited about that. Having more than two fighters to root for is exciting.

I don't recognize the fighters he beat, but apparently he beat them pretty easily. His last fight was in May, so I guess I might have to wait for awhile to see him fight live.

Both Rigondeaux and Golovkin have fights scheduled for July, so I am pretty excited about that. Having more than two fighters to root for is exciting.
I haven't been watching boxing recently, but they're the only three fighters i care about. Like you i also tune in to see Mayweather get beat . Even though i know he never will because he's pretty much the perfect boxer.

Never heard of Rigo's upcoming opponent, but i know Geale and this won't be pretty .

Rumors are going around now that the fight with Pacquiao could actually happen relatively soon in Dubai. I know rumors are just words, but let's hope it happens. Pacquiao is our Obi-Wan Kenobi it seems.

Unregistered User
Did anyone watch Crawford v Gamboa? Crawford is an absolute beast!! I was sorry to see Gamboa get a beatdown like that but Crawford was never losing.
Looking forward to Lara v Alvarez in couple weeks. Usually Lara not great to watch but hopefully Canelo brings out the fight in him.

Did anyone watch Crawford v Gamboa? Crawford is an absolute beast!! I was sorry to see Gamboa get a beatdown like that but Crawford was never losing.
Looking forward to Lara v Alvarez in couple weeks. Usually Lara not great to watch but hopefully Canelo brings out the fight in him.
I am waiting for a solid upload on youtube to watch Crawford/Gamboa. There's a couple of less-than-stellar quality up that I couldn't sit through.

I still haven't watched the fight yet, but after looking at Gamboa's twitter account today I've started to find a soft spot for the guy. I'd like to see him bounce back from this loss.

"I am sorry if I disappointed u. I tried my best. I really did."

"Stop blaming my corner and my promoter. I chose to trade punches with [Crawford]. I did that not them. Blame me 4 what I did not them."

http://twitter.com/gamboa

Crawford was just too big, too strong, and too smart for Gamboa. Gamboa won the amateur rounds, but he couldn't sustain the pressure he put on Crawford once Crawford timed him with that first knockdown. It was a good fight, neither guy was afraid to throw. That 9th round could be round of the year (I've seen like 3 fights this year, so take that with a grain of salt.)

I like both guys, but I hope Gamboa goes down a class.

So what is everyones thoughts on the Manny-Floyd fight? Whatever you think of either of them, and the fact that this should've happened 5 years ago aside, it's still the biggest fight to happen in quite a while.

Unregistered User
So what is everyones thoughts on the Manny-Floyd fight? Whatever you think of either of them, and the fact that this should've happened 5 years ago aside, it's still the biggest fight to happen in quite a while.
I still can't wait for it. 5 years ago Manny beats Floyd but years and fights have taken toll and I have Floyd winning this. On points.....obviously.
What you thinking?

Anybody watch Frampton on Sat night?

The People's Republic of Clogher
I would have if I'd realised it was on ITV. Listened to it on the radio.

Unregistered User
I would have if I'd realised it was on ITV. Listened to it on the radio.
Seriously Tac?? How did you not hear this was on ITV?!!
Listening to a fight on the radio is definately old school! Who was commentating? Big Jackie?

The People's Republic of Clogher
I just assumed it would be on PPV.

I'd love to hear Jackie commentating on boxing (Jim Neely would have been fine too, he does the Olympic boxing) but it seemed to be some faceless R5L bod with George Groves co-commentating.

I don't know much about the history of the sport, but I just watched the first two Sugar Ray Leonard/Roberto Duran fights. I had no idea about the "No Mas" thing until then, so I think I had somewhat of the same shock about what happened as people back then. I do know that both guys have a tremendous reputation in the sport, and I am going to watch more of their fights on Youtube. Right now I am going to watch their third and final fight against each other. I know it's when they are older, but I can't help but want to see the finale after the two great fights they already had.

I don't know much about the history of the sport, but I just watched the first two Sugar Ray Leonard/Roberto Duran fights. I had no idea about the "No Mas" thing until then, so I think I had somewhat of the same shock about what happened as people back then. I do know that both guys have a tremendous reputation in the sport, and I am going to watch more of their fights on Youtube. Right now I am going to watch their third and final fight against each other. I know it's when they are older, but I can't help but want to see the finale after the two great fights they already had.
Definitely binge watch some Duran JJ, one of my all time favs. SRL was great also, he just didn't fight enough and too infrequently. Also notice that I ended the Duran entry in my thread with No Mas

Did you watch the 30 for 30 about it? I am so intrigued by it now that I probably will soon. It might sound kind of corny or whatever, but I feel like these two fights seem to have opened a door for me. I've always been fascinated by sports in the 80s, NBA and NFL in particular, but it seems like boxing was pretty great then too.