Rauldc14's 2nd Top 100

→ in
Tools    

I'm with you on National Treasure, a highly underrated thriller, the second one was also good, but the first one was a solid
, maybe even with a plus. The General is, like most Keaton films, one that I didn't find interesting. Dull watch for me, and I think I tried three times already, twice atleast

I knew u hated the first 3 (if you've actually seen The Lucky Ones). For some reason I thought u enjoyed The General.
I've not seen any of the first three. I've just never fancied any of them. The General I watched for about an hour, but became bored and turned it off. So, in fact, I haven't seen any of the first four.

Liked Cider House Rules quite a bit. I have been meaning to see The General since it's been on Netflix. I have not heard of The Lucky Ones which seems weird, I will check it out.

I've only fully seen The General out of those, watched it the other week, great film and an undoubted classic. I am trying to watch more Keaton, Sherlock Jr. is the other I've seen and I loved it.

You cut Vertigo, Taxi Driver, and The Thin Red Line for what now?

99. National Treasure

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Darn didn't realize both Vertigo and Taxi Driver were in your top 10 lime. Like I said though they are great and still considered huge favorites of mine.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If you were to add Cage guilty pleasure, you should've added The Wicker Man.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
96. Sin City

What I liked about the film is that it just feels like a different type of film. The cinematography and the setting of the film is like no other. Interesting that it's pretty much a black and white film, aside from all the red that we see. It's an impressive production to say the least. It's also impressive to see the films cast get out of their comfort zone, into roles that are not similar to anything that they have ever done before. Depending how they go about the storyline, the 2nd film may have a chance to be impressive as well, though I can't see it standing up to this one.

95. Red Eye

Mr. Wesley Craven delivers. Whenever one only has about an hour to spare and they are wondering what to watch, I'd go to this film, which is the shortest timed film in my collection, but it packs a punch and doesn't seem as short as it is. Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy create the perfect one two punch, and Wes Craven puts the story together in candid fashion. Nothing but a pure adrenaline rush of film that never grows old to me. The realistic setting of the film is also something that has always appealed to me, since the story itself may be a bit farfetched. You feel like you are a part of the story when you are watching it, rooting more and more for McAdams character while continually rooting against Murphy's.

94. It's a Wonderful Life

The classic christmas film that is a must watch every year. Never gets tiring, never grows old. The idea in itself from Capra was ingenious. And to think that I hadn't seen this film before I joined MOFO. Of course, it's also another movie that extends James Stewart's impressive resume, with his outstanding performance as George Bailey, whom tries to take down the evil Mr. Potter who is trying to run the town over with his business. Donna Reed also chips in a great performance in my opinion, and it's always grand to see how the story unfolds as Clarence finally gets his wings. Really makes you think how important family and friends are and how to not let your job get in front of your own life. I can see this continually climbing up on future lists of mine.

93. Sansho the Bailiff

An absolute gem of a film from Kenji Mizoguchi. It's the story of two children whom are sold into slavery, split literally from their own mother. An absolute tear jerker of a film, filled with so much emotion. The parts that really get me are when Anju hears the slave girl sing the song about her and her brother, which makes her believe her mother is still alive. Also just the generally journey of Zushio, put through so much torture and pain in himself, deciding literally between life, morals, and seeking justice in the base of humanity. Without giving too much away, I must say if you haven't seen this film, even if you aren't a big fan of foreign you have to give this movie a chance. Without joining this forum I believe there is literally no way I would have seen this absolute gem of a film. The ending is absolutely breathtaking, perhaps one of the best endings of any film.

I love Sin City and it's a Wonderfull Life. They might both be in my top 100 to.

I have not seen the other 2 i'll check them out !