Stallone Wants An Expendables Sequel

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I didn't think I would, but I did enjoy it. Yes it was a balls-out testosterone-romp. Yes, they jumped away from explosions in slow motion (my pet peeve). Yes, he once again makes Americans look bad by glorifying our love of blowing things up (it is kinda true though, tee hee hee...)

However...You gotta give Sly credit for doing what he did.

He has some kind of strange ability to make a movie more than what it is. Maybe it's his timing or whatever, but he does have that iconic touch. When we drove to Philly, my father-in-law had to hop out of the car at the Philadelphia Museum and run up the steps! (and he wasn't the only one)

He came a long way from this scene from his first role, where his salary was 25 movie T-shirts!

Rourke's character was FAR FROM COOL. You want cool Rourke? Check THE INFORMANTS. Check IRON MAN 2 even. Check SIN CITY.
No thanks...I'll stick with Angel Heart, Barfly, and Diner thanks

No thanks...I'll stick with Angel Heart, Barfly, and Diner thanks
Most definitely. And RUMBLEFISH.

Completely agree with this:

EXPENDABLES was a waste of time for me. It was great to see Dolph vs Jet Li but I think that there was a better fight between Dolph and Van Damage in UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION.

Stallone is just too old, and his face is looking strange and stretchy from all of those years of HGH abuse.

The Governator was a bad joke.

Rourke is fat now.

Jaso Statham is getting on my nerves. I hope he hurries up with CRANK 3 so that I can like him again.

Randy Coutre was window dressing.

Terry Crews outranked everyone on the set and I think he knows it. I see big things for that dude (like I said in a diff thread, TERRY CREWS for KRATOS).

That plot was weak silliness. The only thing that got this film any play was Stallone's nonstop self-pimping on AICN and his cast of has-beens. I feel both hoodwinked and bamboozled by this one.

A sequel? NO THANKYOU.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Finally! Jean-Claude Van Damme is an Expendable!

Sep 4, 2011

After a slew of rumors that Jean-Claude Van Damme would appear in The Expendables 2, Millennium Films has confirmed, yes con-f’ing-firmed JCVD in Simon West’s The Expendables 2. Sadly, not much else is known about his role, but speculation have lead some to believe he will be the right-hand man of Bruce Willis’ Church character.
Some felt Jet Li’s role was originally meant for Van Damme in the 2010 hit film, as Stallone pursued him for a spot, which could not happen at that time. Li isn’t coming back for the sequel, which some feel now JCVD could be the newest memeber, but producer Avi Lerner has talked with Donnie Yen, so who knows at this point. It’s a good day for action fans.
Here’s the plot: “The Expendables are back and this time it’s personal! After Tool (Mickey Rourke), the heart and soul of the Expendables, is brutally murdered on a mission, his comrades swear to avenge him. They’re not the only ones who want blood. Tool’s beautiful young and wild daughter Fiona embarks on her own revenge mission, complicating matters when she is captured and ransomed by a ruthless dictator plotting to destroy a resistance movement. Now Barney and the Expendables must risk everything to save her and humanity.”
Rumor: Taylor Lautner, Christopher Lambert, and Nic Cage for The Expendables 2

Aug 25, 2011

If you thought the constant news items on The Hunger Games or The Dark Knight Rises were bad, how about The Expendables 2? So far, all we known for confirmed casting is Stallone, Bruce Willis, and Jason Statham, although Terry Crews, Charisma Carpenter, Randy Coulture, and Dolph Lungren are likely, there’s been a who’s who in action rumored to appear.
Let’s recap: Van Damme has been rumored for years it feels like, Donnie Yen, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Travolta, Chuck Norris, and while we wait for any one of these to be confirmed by Nu Image/Millennium, the MovieHole has a source that claims the production now is looking at Taylor Lautner (yeah, the Twilight guy and soon-to-be Abduction star), Nic Cage (who worked with director Simon West on Con Air), Christopher Lambert (Mortal Kombat and of course, Highlander), and Christian Slater (we’ve actually heard his name once or twice for this too).
Most offers haven’t gone out yet, and as epic as this kind of is, isn’t the film a little too bloated already? Fun, fun.
The Expendables 2 gets Donnie Yen?

Aug 21, 2011 in

Oddly, all known cast listings do not include Jet Li’s character from the hit 2010 film, but the sequel which will start filming within a month, could be getting one of China’s biggest stars in Donnie Yen.
Yen, along with his family, took a vacation to the U.S., says source Oriental Daily, and was invited to dinner by The Expendables producer Avi Lerner. Reportedly, Lerner offered him a role, “tailor-made” for Yen and his abilities. Due to the number of upcoming projects, Yen hasn’t fully committed to the film, but will decide once he reads the script.
While this won’t be his American splash, since he appeared in Blade II and acted as fight choreographer, he’s a bigger star now, thanks to the Ip Man films. Donnie Yen? The Expendables 2? Along with the rumors (here) of JCVD, Chuck Norris, and John Travolta, this could be the greatest action movie…EVER.
I am not a big Expendables fan but I am a huge fan of Donnie Yen so I hope the last part is true, that would deffinatly make me want to see the movie just for that one thing.

Yeah, this is going to be ***** I won't ever watch.
I agree

I remember reading a fan's letter in a previous issues of Total Film, and they had suggested that if Stallone were to do a sequel to The Expendables, then he should have the testosterone fuelled cast replaced with notable female action stars of the 80's through to the 00's. Seemed like a good idea to me.

They could get old school legends like Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Bridgette Nielsen, Pam Grier, Cynthia Rothrock and put them in there with contemporary action kittens like Milla Jovovich, Angelina Jolie, Zoe Saldana, Zoe Bell, Sarah Michelle Gellar, etc.

Now THAT I might see. Otherwise I will just probably catch this sequel on DVD or something.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This just get's better and better, this movie is like a car crash, you don't really want to see it but you might slow down just to get a better look.

Chuck Norris and Scott Adkins confirmed for The Expendables 2?

Sep 5, 2011

With the exciting announcement that Van Damme (here) is finally an Expendable in next summer’s action sequel from the director of Con Air, it seems that many have missed another announcement on Millennium Films’ website confirming Scott Adkins (who’s teamed with JCVD a few times already) and Chuck Norris for roles.
Norris is believed to have a small cameo part, but Adkins, in what will be his first real theatrical role after wowing action fans in Undisputed III: Redemption and Assassination Games, would play a villain on Bruce Willis’ team.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Arnold will be back for The Expendables 2

Sep 6, 2011

One of the best scenes in The Expendables was seeing Slyvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger all in one scene. Unfortunately, that only lasted for about mintues, and fans have been wondering if Schwarzenegger and Willis would be getting a bigger role in the sequel.
Well, Deadline is reporting that both Schwarzenegger and Willis have closed a deal to return, and will have “substantial” roles in the film. There’s no word on how big each actor’s role will be at this time. The Expendables 2 begins filming next month, and Arnold is filming The Last Stand with Jee-Won Kim, but Willis will be available to shoot before he begins work on Die Hard 5. But with a roster of even more great action stars, one can only wonder how awesome the sequel will be next year.

I'll be watching this. Just for the fun and action alone, whats up with you guys .

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I would actually like to see this 1 on 1 fight.

From Killerfilm.com
The Expendables 2 will have Van Damme vs. Stallone; Cage cast

Sep 13, 2011

Stallone recently talked to EW about the now official long-standing rumor of Jean-Claude Van Damme appearing in The Expendables 2 for director Simon West. “We’ll have a big showdown between me and Van Damme,” Stallone told the outlet, “which has been anticipated for a long time, so it should be a good one.” Stallone alos confirms Chuck Norris and that Nic Cage is really close to signing on as well.
The John Travolta rumor is true, but he isn’t close to signing yet, with production a few weeks away.
A lot of it is scheduling. It’s not financial,” he says of trying to get Travolta. “It’s just that Bulgaria is definitely a jaunt. It’s a commitment, you know what I mean? Especially in the dead of winter.”
The Expendables 2 is planning an August 17th, 2012 release.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Expendables 2 gets some young blood

Sep 19, 2011

While The Expendables 2 will be filled with old action stars, it looks as though the film will be getting some young talent. Collider is reporting that Liam Hemsworth has joined the cast of the film. Hemsworth will be playing the role of a sniper, but furthur details are uknown.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Expendables 2 loses its coolest character

Oct 18, 2011

While The Expendables was mindless fun, the did feature did feature one character that had at least a little more to him than just being bad-ass, Mickey Rourke. Unfortunately, Rourke won’t be returning for Simon West’s sequel as he’s chosen to star in Martin McDonagh’s Seven Psychopaths, reports Deadline.That will make him too busy for The Expendables 2. However, Rourke only starred in the first film as a favor to Slyvester Stallone, so it kind of makes sense for him to not return.