Show us your house

Tools    

I own a condo in towson. The tall building featured in the opening shot here.

This video is an old editing test - it's a neighbor walking my dog around the block.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Coming soon- Show us a picture of your arsehole!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Gee, will I be the second person or third to post an actual picture of one's actual house? Bought this in January 2012 and we love it here! A lot of upkeep, though.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	House-Outside.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	20779  

Austruck, that is a beautiful house. I've always loved that style of American house with the veranda, we don't really have those in the UK.

It's a classic Victorian -- built around 1880 or so, and yet we are only the fourth owners. (The second owners had it for many decades.) The third owners refurbished it beautifully, restoring the crown molding and plaster work, adding Swarovski chandeliers and custom window treatments, etc. Then, for some reason, they couldn't live there anymore and sold it right when the housing market here was low, so we got it cheap and didn't have to do anything except, well, remodel the main bathroom (which was no fun!).

It's way too big in some ways, for empty nesters, but we've managed to fill up the space nicely anyway. I have a huge home office that sometimes feels like a mini-apartment all its own.

After having lived in a lot of dumps over my adult years, I feel so blessed to be able to live in this house and share it with family and friends whenever we can.

Thought I'd throw in a picture of the house where our little YODA was born. Literally -- he was born in the house, not a hospital!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	RebeccaAvenueApartment.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	20780  

Nebs, I go through stages where I love looking at those tiny houses everyone is into nowadays---with the perfect space for everything and everything so cute and tidy. I think if I were an old single lady with no kids or (potential) grandkids, I'd live in a tiny house.

Having said that, I do like my spacious home office!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Gee, will I be the second person or third to post an actual picture of one's actual house? Bought this in January 2012 and we love it here! A lot of upkeep, though.
Since we're being all honest and stuff, here's Tatty Cottage.

It was built in '83 as my grandparents' retirement cottage. I've owned it since 2002 but only moved in in late 2013. I'm the 7th generation (at least) of Tatty to live on that plot (there was an old farmhouse behind, long since knocked down) and grew up in a house 60yds away.

The plan for this year is to paint the fascia boards and window sills. Nothing too strenuous.

Nebs, I go through stages where I love looking at those tiny houses everyone is into nowadays---with the perfect space for everything and everything so cute and tidy. I think if I were an old single lady with no kids or (potential) grandkids, I'd live in a tiny house.

Having said that, I do like my spacious home office!
Houses in the UK aren't very big anyway, we don't have as much land as houses in the US in general. I suppose we live in what you'd term a tiny house , I dunno about the cute and tidy bit tho! We could've used more space when the boys were little but now they've moved out it's fine for us two and the dog. I'm envious of your huge office, ours is in the spare bedroom.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Even though there's only one of me, I couldn't imagine living somewhere that didn't have a spare bedroom. Lived for a while in a one bedroom apartment and ended up storing stuff in relatives' houses.

I'm not a hoarder either: Buy some new furniture, get rid of the old stuff quickly.

So where do you people live , I've seen very few pictures of member's homes - I know it seems dumb of not to post any of mine , but I currently have no camera
Portugal, a city called aveiro, google it, its beautiful, i live downtown!

This is my house, it's a terraced three bedroom house, a common type of house in inner city UK towns and cities. They look tiny from the outside, some are but some are a lot bigger as they go back quite a way. We've lived here for 27 years.

[IMG]