The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

He's also a little bit of a racist. Just take a glance at his Oldboy review, it's pretty telling.
He said he forgot about the three CDs he didn't pay - which could be true, why would he wanna steal them? I'm sure he's got money. Unless he was looking for a thrill or perhaps media attention.

Looking at Oldboy review.

Here are my spoiler guesses for The Dark Knight Rises:

WARNING: "The Dark Knight Rises, maybe" spoilers below

1. Batman and Catwoman turn out to be the same person.

2. Bruce Wayne has never really been Batman at all. In fact, he's a hologram.

3. Whoopi Goldberg, portraying new villainess to the Batman mythology, Carrie Blacklight, an ultraviolet and ultra-violent former dance club superstar who, at 25, had her religious and overbearing father try to kill her by nailing her to a wooden cross adorned with blacklights all over it, IS THE REAL VILLAIN and mastermind of the whole Nolan Batman trilogy! She orchestrated the events of all of the movies. She is also the only person The Joker is afraid of. He treats her like a mother. And she controls Bane, just like the way Poison Ivy controlled him in Batman and Robin.

4. Carrie Blacklight chases Batman across the Atlantic ocean at night on a big blacklighted Jet Ski. Suddenly she is swallowed by the ocean when she crosses the Bermuda Triangle and she disappears forever.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal appears at the end as Robin. Bane realizes he's a homosexual and he becomes a nice person after Robin destroys his evil side at a mysterious private - yet, public - location that Batman's radar system can't detect because Robin scrambled the signal.

6. Batman and Alfred build a robotic woman to take over the role of Catwoman. Batman gets a last minute idea and decides to meld Catwoman to his own body, creating a siamese twin. The people of Gotham are confused by the new Batman/Catwoman conjoined distress signal that gets unveiled into the night sky right before the closing credits come on, signifying that IT'S NOT OVER YET for Batman/Catwoman.

I have no idea why you responded to me.
Just putting it there since it was still on the subject of Rex Reed.

Can I write what happen? Okay, here we go..........................

Semper Fooey
heres mine.

WARNING: "The Dark Knight Rises, maybe" spoilers below

1. Batman Lives

2. Alfred Dies

3.Gordon-Levitt becomes Nightwing, though he doesnt necessarily don the silly looking uniform as seen in the comics.

4. Commisioner Gordan (oldman) is killed by Bane which brings Batman back hulk hogan style.

5. The Man of Steel Trailer looks awesome
You know, you guys could just do as I did and look at the plot summary and not worry about making predictions for the plot of a movie that has already been released.

But, hey, I'll join the game and make predictions also. I won't need spoilers because I know none of them are in the movie.

Batman dies, but is brought back to life by Hugo Strange and turned into a killing zombie.

Catwoman has a sex change operation and becomes the new Batman.

Alfred the Butler goes to jail as a pedophile.

Commissioner Gordon leaves Gotham City, goes to Hollywood, and becomes the new district attorney on a reboot of Law and Order.

Gordon-Levitt reveals he is an alien.

Bane sees the error of his ways and blows himself up by swallowing helium.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I feel some of my predictions were a little silly now.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
[quote=7thson;447022]I want to see some Bane done right.

I'm looking forward too. I don't like Robin though.

Ashdoc's review---

Gotham city---a city of 1.2 million people , one of the largest in America.....

Its a city whose protector has gone into hibernation after taking the fall for a crime committed by someone else---and who else could the protector be but the batman , for only he could have the moral courage for such an act of sacrifice.....
He has gone into self imposed hibernation because the city's enemies have been vanquished , or so he thinks.....

But does the battle between good and evil ever end ??

Or more correctly , does mans greed for earning more moolah by churning out more and more batman movies ever end ?? No....

So an exmember of the league of shadows , a mountain of a man called Bane with a strange mask over his face and an even stranger voice is the new enemy to menace Gotham city.....

And such is his power that even the Batman cannot face him in his encounters with him---he is capable of beating the **** out of the Batman literally.....
Maybe the reason for this is the fact that as time progresses , the Batman has got older and weaker and retired anyway.....

But one thing is sure , the batman is still as handsome as before---a fact that is revealed when he eventually agrees to come back into action and shaves his beard and gives up his stoop to save his beloved city.....

And to aid him in his mission is new technology---a brand new batmobile that is sleekly capable of taking him out of dangerous situations and places.....

But batmobile or not , is he capable of taking on Bane and the revolution that Bane is about to foment in Gotham city ?? A revolution that is based on taking control of the city's power source which is a nuclear reactor , converting it into a nuclear bomb and blackmailing the United States government into surrendering control of Gotham city to Bane and his colleagues on pain of exploding the nuclear bomb....
The sad answer is that the Batman is at least not physically capable of facing Bane and is royally defeated and thrown into a remote dungeon ( in meherangarh in India's Rajasthan !! ) by Bane to watch helplessly as Bane goes about the destruction of Gotham city.....

But in this dungeon he meets other prisoners who tell him the life story of Bane and above all give him the moral courage ( which is greater than physical courage ) to triumph over all odds including Bane.....

And so the Batman escapes from his dungeon to face the mighty odds.....

And to win over the mighty odds he trusts two women---one is a cat burglar who is out to erase her criminal record but repeatedly lets him down in tricky and difficult situations , and the other is a woman whom he comes to love.....
Both are equally delectable , but can two swords fit in one holster ?? Can a man trust two equally beautiful women at a time ?? The answer is no.....
Out of the two , only one is going to withstand the test of time and above all the test of true love....

So who is the woman in true love ?? Go and watch the movie for that.....

For as the Batman seemingly prepares to pay the ultimate price of giving up his life ( or does he ?? ) for saving the city he loves so much , I was looking up to the screen with some satisfaction---satisfaction of having had a good outing to the theater ; a satisfaction made satisfying by the fact that the director weaves an emotional core over all his characters including the forbidding Bane , and a satisfaction made all the more satisfying by having watched some good action mixed with does of emotion....

But the director disappoints in the end , as he tries to keep characters alive for another Batman movie and presumably more moolah---well that how the industry operates....

Verdict---good .

I was watching Cillian Murphy talking about all his screen roles yesterday. I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises from start to finish and they showed a scene with Jonathan Crane operating a kangaroo court in Gotham. One little detail I noticed and immediately loved was that although Crane is without his Scarecrow attire and is just in his usual suit, the stitching to one shoulder is distressed with all the insides coming out. It's so subtle from the costume designer but a really clever way to retain the character's alter ego .

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It seems that on repeated viewings, it just gets better and better, and I think it may be the best of the three. I've always thought Batman Begins was the best, but now maybe TDKR beats it by little.

All three are very good, but I in a huge minority perhaps for thinking the 3rd one is perhaps the best?