Oldboy and Battle Royale Remakes ?

Tools    

I think I'm going to watch it today, it's long past due anyways, then I can give my full opnion on the matter.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Isn't one of America's (might not be America) most prized books that is on all school required reading lists Lord of the Flies, I know there is much more to the story but the parts I remember are all the violence between the two tribes and kids killing kids and the book has won tons of awards.

Ya, Lord of the Flies kicked ass. It's British I think. The slang was british, if I remember at least. (read it 3 years ago in high school) Only one kid dies, and yes they separate into tribal like groups and have a leader. It's a really great book.

I think the hardest part about remaking Oldboy (havent seen Battle Royale, sitting on comp) is that the korean style of movies isn't something many americans like. I found the movie very humerous and I hope they dont change the undertone of that.
Apparently the remake is going to be a lot darker than the original film, and Oldboy was dark and disturbing enough. How can they make it darker?

Quite a few big names turned down the villain role.

Hmmm...... Maybe they will put it in darker rooms? Just Kidding!

I could see how they could make it darker, like the villians family being more involved in the story and what happened.

Just finished Oldboy, there were a lot of great things about the movie and a lot of things I didn't care that much for. But all in all, one of my favorites.

Apparently the remake is going to be a lot darker than the original film.
That means nothing though. There'll be a hundred bands this year that will say "our new album is the darkest yet" and it sounds like ****

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Of course if Battle Royale is remade then some ignorant Hunger Games fans would believe it's a rip off of Battle Royale...even though Battle Royale came first and The Hunger Games was not that good of a movie.

I wouldn't doubt that some of the people that do know about it that are fans of the Hunger Games already do say that.

Talking of good films from South Korea, the fantastic A Bittersweet Life is now getting a remake, so far the director of The Book of Eli is connected to directing it...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
People comparing it to the original are already set on hating it before they even go in, so they won't enjoy it even if it's good. I almost wish this were being made by the Coen Brothers in "No Country for Old Men" mode, but I feel like Spike Lee will give us something memorable and not a lame corporate version.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/