The Master

Tools    

Watched it on 70mm, eh? Interesting. I've read that some of it was shot on 65mm. It'll be interesting to watch a straight drama on an IMAX screen. Heres hoping the BFI/Odeon do their thing.

There was a critic who called it the bet film going experience of his life

Yep. That's only one guy, but general reaction so far has been positive, which I'm very pleased about. Hate that I have to wait until November to see it, and being in a small town means I'd have to travel a fair way to see it in 70mm as PTA intended.

This movie has gotten great reviews. Even Roger Ebert who didn't like the movie, said that Phoenix's and Hoffman's performances are Oscar caliber. Also that it is well crafted. But he said that the film didn't make sense. I hope an AMC theater near me plays this movie soon.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Saw The Master at Seattle Cinerama in the 70 MM format, might as well been shot using a handheld camera. Only a desert scene seem to warrant that scope, otherwise it just 40 feet of Philip Seymour Hoffman's head.

Fine acting by Joaquin Phoenix and Hoffman is wasted. The tempo of the unsuited Jonny Greenwood score didn't match the slow pace of the film. Fart jokes, incestuous jerk-off scene, naked ladies dancing around to a lame musical number.

Seems more like a David Lynch movie. Frankly he should directed this nonsense.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Incestuous jerk-off scene?.......Things just got a lot more interetsing.