The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Now that I have seen the full Catwoman costume it appears to go against a bit Nolan's realistic approach. Her shoes have high heels, not very practical for her line of work, but it is pretty cool looking. There is still a controversy if she will be actually called Catwoman or simply Selina Kyle. She is now looking too much like Catwoman to simply be Selina Kyle. Why wear a mask if she is going by her real name?

I see bouncingbrick beat me to the high heel observation. But I like it. Let's face it, Batman is never going to be realistic. It is always a compromise as to what comic book stuff you leave in and take out.

I think the costume for Catwoman needs to have SOME cat features or it takes away from the character considerably. Basically agree with the points posted.

I agree that the visual aspect can undermine the rest...but I think it has to be pretty flippin' bad for a somewhat goofy costume to invalidate good writing and plotting. Maybe that's just me, though.

Semper Fooey

It almost looks like she has some kind of ears of something on top of her head in these pictures, maybe I'm just seeing things.
I see it now. Those are definitely ears. Looks like Nolan broke his rule. That is pretty close to Pfeiffer and Newmar. Ain't no way she is just Selina Kyle with those ears. She looks fine.

But Bane still looks stupid. Maybe the way he is photographed will change that, but right now I am thinking it was a mistake to go with Bane instead of Hugo Strange. They could have worked in the back breaking routine with him if they wanted to.

I see it now. Those are definitely ears. Looks like Nolan broke his rule. That is pretty close to Pfeiffer and Newmar. Ain't no way she is just Selina Kyle with those ears. She looks fine.
I thought the "ears" in those pictures were the goggles from the Bat-pod picture only pushed back to the top of her head. Maybe she wears those up there when not in use and it makes her look like she has cat ears.

At least that was the rumor I read on some nerdy web site...

They could have still quite easily used both. Wonder if Arkham City using Strange has main antagonist had an impact as Bane is conspicuously short of time in it.

I thought the "ears" in those pictures were the goggles from the Bat-pod picture only pushed back to the top of her head. Maybe she wears those up there when not in use and it makes her look like she has cat ears.

At least that was the rumor I read on some nerdy web site...
If that's true, that's a pretty clever way to work in the cat thing without it coming off as overtly goofy. Depending on the execution, of course.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Get Guilemor de toro to direct.

Get Guilemor de toro to direct.
That's funny. For those who have read that, I love the Bat-armor Batman wears in the end to stop the Predator. Pretty awesome. Also, for comic book fans, I really likes the art work in the first Batman Vs. Predator. I don't remember who did it, but I don't remember it being any big name. I just liked the realistic and gritty way it was drawn.

Dark Knight is one of most ovarrated films ever...this one will be even more.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i have no idea what you are talking about olla.

Calling something overrated without explanation is overrated imo.

i have no idea what you are talking about olla.

Calling something overrated without explanation is overrated imo.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top
http://www.imdb.com/chart/action

Do you think that Dark Knight deservers this position?

Those are user votes. They're next to irrelevant. If you ask a huge chunk of "normal" people what they think of a Big Mac or McDonald's in general they'd rank it pretty high in terms of food they eat. But if you compare the food to filet mignon they'd pick the better food 99 times out of 100. Those charts just mean people like the film.

I challenge you to A) explain why the film isn't deserving of high praise and B) compare it to similar films that are superior.

And, no, comparing it to Citizen Kane or Gone with the Wind or whatever all-time-great film you want to compare it to doesn't count. I'm talking crime/superhero/action films.

Tom Hardy will never win "Sexiest Man Alive" if he keeps running around in get-up like that.

Long live Bradley Cooper!

People are really picking up on tiny things now arn't they. Batman begins wasn't that realistic yanno.