Show us your house

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
This is my house, it's a terraced three bedroom house, a common type of house in inner city UK towns and cities. They look tiny from the outside, some are but some are a lot bigger as they go back quite a way. We've lived here for 27 years.

[IMG]
You just don't see houses like that over here any more. Our first place was a little Victorian terrace but lord knows where pictures of that went. I can find it on Street View but that's about it.

Here's our old holiday cottage in the Lake District. It was a 17th century barn conversion
and totally to blame for my love affair with Withnail & I.

Ex Mrs T shown for reasons of scale ... and I'm not talented enough to photoshop her out of the pic.

I see the Withnail connection there Tatty. Great looking house

Our house was built in 1900. The Victorian terrace is a pretty mighty invention. I grew up in one too that was built in 1901, my brother still lives there and structurally neither his house or mine have never needed any work done on them. Well, we had the roof retiled a few years ago but that was only cos we had a few bob at the time and thought we'd better get it done while we did! He's not needed to do his roof yet but that may be the strength of slates versus tiles.

Ours was a lot smaller than yours. It was the first house we bought after getting married (cost us something like £20k!) and we stayed there for about 18 months before getting something larger. The bathroom was on the third floor, under the roof and was freezing in winter.

Found it on Street View. Second from the left in the row of red brick houses. Link

Gorgeous location in photos but in reality the local kids used to hang around all summer on the grass in front of the church. Not a deal breaker in itself but Mrs T was teaching most of them so we eventually moved on.

That does look lovely but I can see that having your pupils within eyesightof your front windows isn't ideal!
Our house cost £24,750, an absolute fortune back then. My mum was having a heart attack that we were going to be owing all that money!

To give an indication as to how cheap ours was, a 3 bed ex-council semi at the time would have set you back around £45k (because that's what we bought after the terrace) and we paid 20 for Church Rd. No double glazing, no central heating, tiny kitchen etc etc but it was our first house so those problems were looked past pretty quickly.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I was supposed to move into a house a few weeks ago, but the cousin of a guy I know has been stalling. When he kept mentioning things that needed to be done, I mentioned he didn't have to worry about it, and to give me a price. Never called back, so I'm living week-to-week here. If I can save some money, I'm going to see Mort Sahl in San Francisco (Mill Valley), and would recommend you see him (he's 88), not only because it's a free show, but the man started modern standup comedy (1953), and rose and fell, and rose again.

Finally, a place with the internet!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Looks like it leans a bit
Yeah, I use my laptop to take camera pictures

Oh and Christine, don't forget a bathroom.
And I have a tub to take hot baths. But $180 is quite expensive a week, here in Flint..