Oldboy and Battle Royale Remakes ?

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched Oldboy about a year ago, and immediately discovered it as being my favorite foreign-film that I have seen so far. When I found out that they were doing a remake about the movie, I wasn't really sure how I feel about it. On one-hand, I get to see an English version of the movie that isn't dubbed, and it's more rendered toward my culture.

What this means is that I don't expect for the protagonist to eat a live squid or to tongue a girl while she's using the toilet, which may very well be considered accepted slapstick antics elsewhere, and was admittedly funny for me, kind-of took me out of the moment. At the same time, I realize that America's movies are a lot tamer, and I am wondering whether or not they'll go as far as they did in the Japanese version in this version.

This remains to be seen, but I'll be looking forward to it.

What this means is that I don't expect for the protagonist to eat a live squid or to tongue a girl while she's using the toilet, which may very well be considered accepted slapstick antics elsewhere, and was admittedly funny for me, kind-of took me out of the moment. At the same time, I realize that America's movies are a lot tamer, and I am wondering whether or not they'll go as far as they did in the Japanese version in this version.
The original was Korean, not Japanese. Also, the new American version is suppose to be just as dark and disturbing, apparently going further than the original film in a few scenes.

Also, the new American version is suppose to be just as dark and disturbing, apparently going further than the original film in a few scenes.
In America this translates as tasteless shock, whereas the Vengeance Trilogy is on the whole more philosophically dark, so it's basically business as usual.

Battle Royale is awesome so no need to remake it.
Not sure about Oldboy,I've seen it once and ages ago.I don't remember anything except for the twist.

I hate to say it because of all of it's fans here, but even though I thought it was ok, the original Oldboy was very disappointing to me. I was still anticipating the remake but not anymore. Based on this trailer, I now have zero interest. It looks silly, miscast, and all around crappy.

I don't know. I'll probably dislike both because the originals are 2 of my all time favourites. The stakes are really really high and they won't be reached