2 votes
Yes, but a designer brand
18.18%
4 votes
No, jeans are the worst
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You ready? You look ready.
Bored. Curious. Let's take a poll.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I basically like button fly jeans for women like these. Definitely not shredded jeans. I hate those. I like Levi’s best of all though these aren’t Levi’s.

I buy cheap jeans, usually at Old Navy or Walmart. I don't know the brand name, but they are usually the cheapest ones. That way I have more money to spend on important things (like movies).

Definitely not shredded jeans. I hate those.
I only like shredded jeans if I was the one that did the shredding and it was from a long life of wear. Otherwise, I can't stand paying extra for less material.

But I did buy a preshredded pair in college once, and those were probably my favorite pair of Levis ever. But I don't buy Levis anymore. I do have one button fly pair left over because it was a unique color (purple), but I have been ruined by Wrangler: fully felled outseams are the bomb.

I only like shredded jeans if I was the one that did the shredding and it was from a long life of wear. Otherwise, I can't stand paying extra for less material.

But I did buy a preshredded pair in college once, and those were probably my favorite pair of Levis ever. But I don't buy Levis anymore. I do have one button fly pair left over because it was a unique color (purple), but I have been ruined by Wrangler: fully felled outseams are the bomb.
My first jeans ever were Wranglers. Scratching my head wondering whatever happened to those jeans.

I'm currently sporting a pair from Uniqlo. I'm pretty happy with them. The fabric is pretty nice for the price, and they have a decently high rise so look good if you tuck in your shirt (as I normally do) and/or paired with a sport coat.

Anybody do the raw denim thing? I was considering buying a pair at one point, but the bleeding sounded like too much of a hassle. Curious if anybody has any first hand experience.

Anybody do the raw denim thing? I was considering buying a pair at one point, but the bleeding sounded like too much of a hassle. Curious if anybody has any first hand experience.
My Wrangler’s (cowboy cut - 13MWZ) are considered raw denim. It’s the cheapest entry point to raw denim from everything I’ve looked at and worth the hassle if you don’t mind the break in period.

I buy my true waist size, do a single wash in cold water, air dry, and then wear as often as possible. It’s pretty uncomfortable for the first 3-4 months but once the denim stretches out you will wonder how you ever wore anything else.

I have a few pairs that are in varying stages of wear. The ones I’m wearing now are on their 20-25th day of wear, and they are still murdering me. But I also bought these one inch smaller in the waist than I normally do so it’s going to take a lot longer to stretch.

My other pair in my normal waist size is fairly well stretched at this point and my most comfortable pair. And then I have another pair that’s an inch or 2 larger in the waist which are easily the softest pair of jeans I own, but I’ve had them over 3-4 years now and they are longer in the inseam too. I wear them as work pants or when comfort is a priority.

I also have a pair of the slim cowboy cut (936) which I bought one inch smaller in the waist and those are my dress jeans. I’ve only worn them once so far, and they are insanely uncomfortable. But damn do they look awesome with boots.

My Wrangler’s (cowboy cut - 13MWZ1) are considered raw denim. It’s the cheapest entry point to raw denim from everything I’ve looked at and worth the hassle if you don’t mind the break in period.

I buy my true waist size, do a single wash in cold water, air dry, and then wear as often as possible. It’s pretty uncomfortable for the first 3-4 months but once the denim stretches out you will wonder how you ever wore anything else.

I have a few pairs that are in varying stages of wear. The ones I’m wearing now are on their 20-25th day of wear, and they are still murdering me. But I also bought these one inch smaller in the waist than I normally do so it’s going to take a lot longer to stretch.

My other pair in my normal waist size is fairly well stretched at this point and my most comfortable pair. And then I have another pair that’s an inch or 2 larger in the waist which are easily the softest pair of jeans I own, but I’ve had them over 3-4 years now and they are longer in the inseam too. I wear them as work pants or when comfort is a priority.

I also have a pair of the slim cowboy cut (936) which I bought one inch smaller in the waist and those are my dress jeans. I’ve only worn them once so far, and they are insanely uncomfortable. But damn do they look awesome with boots.
This is good to know. Was the bleeding manageable? I assume light coloured shirts are a no no the first few months.

This is good to know. Was the bleeding manageable? I assume light coloured shirts are a no no the first few months.
The first wash is going to take care of the bleed issue, but it's also going to wash away a lot of the dye so the color will alter quite a bit. I've never been one to wear raw denim without that first wash because I'm not interested in leeching pesticides and chemicals onto/into my skin. But an added bonus to that dye leak on the first wash is it'll help persevere the color in your other pairs, so I always wash my older pairs with a new pair to take advantage of that dye bleed.

If you want, you can minimize some of the dye leak during the rinse by pouring a cup of vinegar in with it. That'll help set the dye so you don't lose as much in the rinse.

Oh, and always wash them inside out. I find that helps keep the dye more consistent across the fabric. The one time I didn't do that I really regretted it because the dye leaking out of some spots more than others left me with a weird fade across the fabric.

And always use the coldest water possible. That'll help keep as much as the dye as possible and minimize the shrinkage.

But after that first wash: try to go as long as possible before you wash them again. And don't advertise how long it's been because people WILL judge you.

I usually go 6 months between washes. It sounds nasty but I’ve never had any ill effect, and I’ve been doing that for the last ten years.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
During the last 10 years and more, these are places I take my jeans.

The Swedish H&M and its Polish version RESERVED.

---

My jeans are from Avenue, so not sure what category that falls under.
I hardly ever wear jeans, though. If I'm at work I'm in scrubs and if I'm not at work I'm usually in shorts or pajamas.