Prey (2022) - Predator 5

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Wait a sec. This is a Hulu movie?

How bout’ a Predator movie where they are the prey? The AvP stuff never felt like that, because you never really spent time with the Predator in their space.

I know the language stuff would be too much to overcome, but a guy can dream. Show them being resourceful, moving in stealth, all the stuff you’ve never seen before. Moving in fear of a greater threat, maybe a sentient robot? Who knows.

This franchise deserves a big swing, instead of mostly uninspired rubber feet rehash.

How bout’ a Predator movie where they are the prey? The AvP stuff never felt like that, because you never really spent time with the Predator in their space.

I know the language stuff would be too much to overcome, but a guy can dream. Show them being resourceful, moving in stealth, all the stuff you’ve never seen before. Moving in fear of a greater threat, maybe a sentient robot? Who knows.

This franchise deserves a big swing, instead of mostly uninspired rubber feet rehash.
The last Predator movie was them being hunted and it was abysmal.

The Shane Black movie? Told through the Yautja’s perspective? With an android/robot/cyborg hunting them. That movie got made? Please tell me more.

Feel like you quoted my post, but maybe you didn’t read it.

Welcome to the human race...
The Shane Black movie? Told through the Yautja’s perspective? With an android/robot/cyborg hunting them. That movie got made? Please tell me more.

Feel like you quoted my post, but maybe you didn’t read it.
I think it's because

WARNING: "The Predator" spoilers below
it is ultimately revealed that the first Predator to show up in the movie is actually trying to defect from the rest of the Yautja and is being hunted by another larger Predator who successfully kills it. This much is confirmed by the final scene showing that the first Predator was carrying high-tech power armour intended for the humans to use.

Anyway, I remain cautiously optimistic about this new one - just have to wonder how it'll release in a country that doesn't have Hulu.

I think it's because

WARNING: "The Predator" spoilers below
it is ultimately revealed that the first Predator to show up in the movie is actually trying to defect from the rest of the Yautja and is being hunted by another larger Predator who successfully kills it. This much is confirmed by the final scene showing that the first Predator was carrying high-tech power armour intended for the humans to use.

Anyway, I remain cautiously optimistic about this new one - just have to wonder how it'll release in a country that doesn't have Hulu.
In Canada I think most of these Hulu releases have ended up on Disney Plus.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I’m really looking forward to seeing this. From the trailer it looks like it’s going to be awesome. I’m a big predator fan and this is hopefully going to be great

Wait a sec. This is a Hulu movie?
Yeah a lot of franchise stuff is moving to TV/Streaming

Blade Runner - Amazon
Aliens - FX
Godzilla - Apple
Predator - Hulu
Hellraiser - HBO

There weren’t many movies that got me to the theater this year. This one would have been a no-brainer 🧟*♂️

I’m either using a free trial or signing up for a month just to see it.

It’s just too much to cover, how many things they finally got right. Wanna see a Yautja punch a bear? You sure do, you sure do.

Is it perfect? Nope. But at least they didn’t kill the dog and that goes a long way with me.

This movie is gonna go a long way in curing a lot of wrongs. Lets hope we don’t need to wait another 25 years for another hit.

I rate it 7/10. It's a fantasy action movie; it was never meant to have a deep or super-believeable plot. But the aesthetics, cinematography and acting are very good.

Is it perfect? Nope. But at least they didn’t kill the dog and that goes a long way with me.

I love dogs, but I don't like when movies add them purely to tug heart strings. I find it formulaic at this point.

There's never any real sense of danger, because you know the dog isn't going to die. Dogs have 100% indestructible plot armor.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Holy Bear fight.

Enjoyed this, not a masterpiece or anything but probably the second best Predator movie.