The Batman

Tools    

There goes DC's chance of actually making their first solid cinematic effort.

But no worries, THEY HAVE SNYDER YOU KNOW!

(Seriously, I'm sad that we aren't getting to see an Affleck-directed competent Batman film)

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Affleck is still the one who will chose the new director and his partner, he is still working with Geoff Johns on writing it and he will act in it. It's kinda sickening to see people bashing DC for this, or even having something against Affleck for stepping down, first of all he is actor and a writer for this movie, being director + having other projects is a huge thing, people act like making everything yourself is just a normal thing. I'm honestly glad he did this, he will be able to make better movies aside and he will be able to perform better in this one, he and Johns will still chose their partner, so if you had faith in Affleck I don't see why that would be gone. Would I like Affleck make a Batman movie? Yes. Would people bitch about it if he dose not do good because his hand was forced and he couldn't focus on this fully? YES. DC movies ain't worse than Marvel, they have flaws, but I found every one of them a good watch.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
It looks like Matt Reeves is in early talks right now to helm the film.

The DCEU unfortunately seems to be in turmoil right now it seems that a constant slew of bad news after bits of bad news seems to be coming from WB/DC like the lose of yet another director for Flash and having to write yet another script, then Affleck saying that they do not have a script for The Batman and then stepping down as director. I was hoping that 2017 was going to be the year that the DCEU got on track as lets be honest 2016 was not a very good year for their movies critically. Still maybe Affleck stepping down will be a blessing in disguise I guess only time will tell. Looking forward to seeing how both WW and JL turn out though.

I think they have multiple scripts and they are trying to see what fits best. As for Matt Reeves, I think he just has a busy schedule. Mainly with War of the Planet of the Apes.

I'll take the back, Matt Reeves as officially signed to direct The Batman.

Yep, he can always drop out again later. WB will do their hardest to break his spirit.

News in is that Matt Reeves isn't just directing... he's also producing... and has complete creative control over the movie.
WB apparently isn't going to interfere and has learned from Suicide Squad.
Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins has said this is a great move by WB and has praised Matt.

News in is that Matt Reeves isn't just directing... he's also producing... and has complete creative control over the movie.
WB apparently isn't going to interfere and has learned from Suicide Squad.
Sounds too good to be true.

I don't believe it.