how to get to doubledenim

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

When I look back on my life, I often see memories intertwined with music. These are not favorites or most hated, but memories. What lies ahead is a timeline from the very beginning.

What is the worst thing a young girl could ever ask for? A little brother. My sister has never forgiven my parents for this and it's the only caveat to her having a wonderful childhood.

Some of the earliest things I can think of, consist of me rummaging through her stuff, sniffing Strawberry Shortcake, and playing records on a small blue and white pinstriped record player. Thriller was one of the few I remember her owning, due in part to it being a law back then.

Oh the days before Michael Jackson was Michael Jackson. Vincent Price's voice, the seeds of Eddie being sown into my subconscious, and being confounded by why this Billie Jean would do such a thing. The image of that white suit, jheri curls, and a lion cub, will never leave me.

Bring it on, DD.

I remember buying that album, too. Got it from the market for £5 in 1985, I think it was. I've listened to that albums dozens of times. Probably over a hundred, though I couldn't say it was in the hundreds.

I've listened to that albums dozens of times.
It was either that or these little Disney read-a-long books with a 45 record.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
It was the first LP that I owned. I had a couple of 45's and tapes, but this was the first LP. A couple of my brothers had their own copies. Theirs were the only ones that I could listen to when they were listening to them. And then my mom saw it at a rummage sale (I am assuming those people bought it just because everyone else seemed to buy it and then they didn't like it). She bought it for me and I listened to it all the time.

Thriller meant a lot to my early childhood. I was obsessed with the song, the music video, etc. I had my own cassette tape of Thriller and my parents had a tape and the LP. It might be one reason why I got into horror films at such an early age.

This might shock some people, but even I bought Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album. (If that doesn't prove that everyone had a copy of it, then I don't know what would. )
Whoops I didn't have a copy of it....true story...one of the first albums I bought as a kid was The Jackson 5 Greatest Hits.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This might shock some people, but even I bought Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album. (If that doesn't prove that everyone had a copy of it, then I don't know what would. )
Whoops I didn't have a copy of it....true story...one of the first albums I bought as a kid was The Jackson 5 Greatest Hits.

You're the exception that proves the rule.

I'm very touched that you all purchased my album in the '80s. Thank you.

I'd say you're Sexy, but that avatar is too blurry. Sexy would not have that.

Is this better? I am dead now, unfortunately. I was an early victim of the so-called "Sexy Curse."

Master of My Domain
Is this better? I am dead now, unfortunately. I was an early victim of the so-called "Sexy Curse."
Still too black. Also, welcome to MoFo ya noob.

Now that you're dead I can insult you all I want.

What a great idea for a thread DD

Always feel so much older than you guys when you talk about music more than films, but I remember being up with a crying baby watching the premiere of Thriller on tv. Fantastic it was. Still is.

What a great idea for a thread DD

Always feel so much older than you guys when you talk about music more than films, but I remember being up with a crying baby watching the premiere of Thriller on tv. Fantastic it was. Still is.
I snuck downstairs to record it. It was midnight, people! I think it was a school night, too. Not sure about that.

Preschool was an interesting time in my life. Peer pressure was introduced in the form of the crayon eaters. I met a young lad who played with baby dolls, instead of the homoerotic He-Man figures that I adored. Always being confused why music time featured such tortuous beats as Camptown Races and the Hokie-Pokie. So many different things bombarding my tiny little mind.

In this sea of discovery and confusion, there was one constant. Everyday on the way to school, I would behoove my driver to play Elvira. I know what you're thinking...come on denim, cosplay wasn't really a thing back then. I know. I meant Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys.

What about the other songs? Who cares. My heart was on fire for Elvira. I was mesmerized by what amounts to gibberish (which I was fluent in),

Giddy Up, Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow.

I didn't bother posting any audio, it's not as good as nostalgia.

since the internet was void of images pertinent to this article, I was reduced to using these poorly cropped images captured on top of an afghan...not a person, one of those things your grannie had.
Here's a little trivia for our viewers at home...

Phil Robertson and John Oates were founding members of the Oak Ridge Boys.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
BIG + rep for The Oak Ridge Boys

[/center]
Here's a little trivia for our viewers at home...

Phil Robertson and John Oates were founding members of the Oak Ridge Boys.

You might want to add a smiley to that last line. (I assume you're joking about Phil Robertson and John Oates. )