Mad Max: Fury Road

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
This movie has the potential to be my #1 heartbreaker of next year

Never seen these movies but the trailer for the new one came out today and it is quite good.

I'm not sure there are many more beautiful trailers than that. It's visual poetry. Add to it the fact that it's still George Miller making this one and I'm losing my mind with anticipation.

I don't care how many dozens of superhero movies they announce, this is freaking ridiculous! I need to see this now!

If I could see this and Ep. 7 tomorrow, I'd stop watching movies on Friday. Yay for hyperbole!

Not really impressed by that trailer. Looks gimmicky and doesn't really look like it's bringing anything new to the table. Just a reboot that will rehash The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome with a special effects spectacle for today's audiences.

Bump

Looks like Miller is nodding Weir's The Cars That Ate Paris with that spiky creation - not that his original films didn't.

Full article here
That looks great - I was afraid it might turn out to be 90% CGI, but from what I'm seeing I'm impressed

Not really impressed by that trailer. Looks gimmicky and doesn't really look like it's bringing anything new to the table. Just a reboot that will rehash The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome with a special effects spectacle for today's audiences.
Yup. Me loves!

EDIT: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, despite being disliked by many, is one of those movies my wife hates to watch with me because I cannot help but quote along through the whole thing.

Yup. Me loves!

EDIT: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, despite being disliked by many, is one of those movies my wife hates to watch with me because I cannot help but quote along through the whole thing.
I recently got Beyond Thunderdome on Blu-ray and I gave it a rewatch. Thought it was GREAT. I loved the movie when I was a kid (largely due to Tina Turner) but I was a kid and had a different perspective of the thing then... I watched it again a few years ago on DVD and didn't care too much for it... but on Blu-ray it was GREAT. Blu-ray, though, tends to make movies better. I think.

The Mad Max sequels are better than the original movie.

But this new movie... of course it's only a trailer, and I feel a little excited about it... but... I'm skeptical. Tom Hardy looks like a good replacement, though I'm not entirely sure. I did not like the fact that Charlize Theron spoke more in the trailer than him, for starters. He should have said his name after she asked him what it was -- at least in the trailer, not necessarily in the movie.

Annnnnddddd... the rest is too special effectsy for me and it just looks like more of the same. Not excited about "The Water Wars" or whatever's going on. Oh, their oil supply is limited? What's new? And Charlize Theron sucks with her bald head. And I already miss Mel Gibson.

The Mad Max sequels are better than the original movie.
I definitely thought the first movie was the best in terms of plot and acting; the first film however has a very dated, 1970s style - while you can still watch the sequels today without it feeling like you're watching a 1970s film.

I really like the ending of the first Mad Max movie... now I wanna rewatch it.

Master of My Domain
The trailer is one of the best I've seen in a long time... love the use of Verdi's Requiem.

Just wondering, is the movie going to be PG-13? Because if it is, I may not watch it, even though the trailer got me really excited for it.

The trailer is one of the best I've seen in a long time... love the use of Verdi's Requiem.

Just wondering, is the movie going to be PG-13? Because if it is, I may not watch it, even though the trailer got me really excited for it.
Were the original films R rated? I don't remember any blood or graphic violence in them. Or any hard cursing or sex scenes. So if the original trilogy was rated R that'll surprise me quite a bit.

Were the original films R rated? I don't remember any blood or graphic violence in them. Or any hard cursing or sex scenes. So if the original trilogy was rated R that'll surprise me quite a bit.
The first two were rated R and the third was PG-13. The Road Warrior has a rape scene, dude.