Retirements

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Hey bouncingbrick, surely you like this list, right? . . . .

10 Favorite Horror Films from Gatsby the Non-Horror Fan

I think this list is very creative. There are suggestions, first time viewings, and reviews. It's very neat.
Ikr. Gatsby that chap is so awesome. I wanna be just like him when I grow up.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Bicycling on public roads.

We don't have bike lanes where I live. Please take your hobby somewhere that doesn't compromise my ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.

I'll buy an electric car that I can plug in to my solar panel charging station when they make it.

Surely you should be able to safely operate a motor vehicle in the presence of bicycles? I'm not saying they don't/can't cause accidents, but only as much as other users.

Unless, of course, you're just having a moan. In which case, carry on sir.

Mostly a moan.

I always wait for a straightaway or a few hundred yards of vision.

Others do not and therein lies the rub. Impatient people pass recklessly and endanger themselves, the cyclist, and other lane of traffic.

In all seriousness, bicyclists have no business on a road with no bike lane.

Also... Electric cars have been around for a while.
Yea. They just aren't feasible.

Sitting in a running car in the fire lane.

Having to enter the @ (insert name of email provider).com when you sign in.

There has to be a solid reason for having to do this, but I am unaware of it. Is it a big pain? No. Does it decrease my quality of life? Doubt it.

I just find it surprisingly inefficient when I am on a certain email site, where I can only check the emails with its designated @____.com, that I still have to type it in.

Netflix generic mash-up trailers that use one of five instrumentals.

If there is no dialogue or voiceover, no thanks. It makes it too hard to tell anything about the movie.

It's worse when cyclists ride on the sidewalk
So true. Especially when they get pissy when I, a pedestrian, won’t get out of their way!

I've been stopped by a cop and warned that I can not ride my bike on the sidewalk or crosswalk. A bicycle by law has to ride on the road even if there is no bicycle lane. I don't know where you got the idea that bicycles shouldn't ride on the road without a bike lane. They can get a ticket for riding on the sidewalk.

I don't know where you got the idea that bicycles shouldn't ride on the road without a bike lane. They can get a ticket for riding on the sidewalk.
These are "country roads" where there are no sidewalks and speed limits of 45-55 mph.

To me its the same as scooters (liquoursicles). Local laws state that they are only to operate in cities, 35 mph speed limit areas. People still drive them everywhere though.

Good or bad, it's a safety issue to be on roads with autos.

These are "country roads" where there are no sidewalks and speed limits of 45-55 mph.

To me its the same as scooters (liquoursicles). Local laws state that they are only to operate in cities, 35 mph speed limit areas. People still drive them everywhere though.

Good or bad, it's a safety issue to be on roads with autos.
Wow, that sounds harsh. Where do you live that you can't bike outside of city limits? I just can't imagine a kid living in the country not legally being allowed to ride his bike around.

This is from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation:

"Rules of the road

As a cyclist, you must share the road with others (e.g., cars, buses, trucks, motorcycles, etc.).
Under Ontario's Highway Traffic Act (HTA), a bicycle is a vehicle, just like a car or truck.
Cyclists:
must obey all traffic laws
have the same rights and responsibilities as drivers
cannot carry passengers - if your bicycle is only meant for one person

Riding on the right

You must stay as close to the right edge of the road whenever possible, especially if you're slower than other traffic.

Where you can ride

You can ride on most roads, except:
controlled access highways, such as Ontario's 400-series highways
across a road within a pedestrian cross-over - you must walk your bike to the other side"

Here's the link: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/saf...e-safety.shtml