Prometheus - Ridley Scott’s Prequel to Alien

Tools    

bump! my question..

...doesn't make sense
what make you think that ?

I think he's asking if Jones the cat is going to be in this prequel. Or possibly he's implying that either Jones or another "main" character from the original (the face-hugger perhaps?) will make a triumphant return to the silver screen, and wondering which. There can be only one!

vs.

I think he's asking if Jones the cat is going to be in this prequel.
I think Genyav is asking if Jonesy the cat will be in Prometheus, and I'm guessing a big fat no.
of course i mean this,
and if not a cat, than no pet ?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This sucks, how can they do an Alien movie without Xenomorphs (did not know that's what they were called) but I am sure whatever kind of aliens they have will be bad ass so I'm still looking forward to this.

Xenomorphs “absolutely not” in Prometheus

Dec 19, 2011

It’s been rumored for the longest time that we would be seeing H.R. Giger’s Xenomorphs in Ridley Scott’s Promotheus, which is essentially a prequel to his 1979 classic Alien. Well, Scott has now squashed that rumor in an interview with Filmophilia. “No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ,” he said about the issue.
Granted Filmophilia’s original question as to see the original alien that Giger designed for the original. However, it’s speculated the film will be the genesis of the alien, and that we can probably expect to see a different design of the creature. One thing is for sure is that Scott has confirmed the inclusion of the mysterious “Space Jokey” creature in the film. It will be interesting to see what Scott will come up with when the film is released next June.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
In the trailer it looks like the ship from Alien, the U shaped one that they find on the planet, I have a bad memory but it looks like the same.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Anyone who doubted this was a prequel can doubt no further. They show the "space jockey" in this trailer.

Looking forward to it.

Suspect's Reviews

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Very reminiscent of "Alien." Looks epic. I'm a huge fan of Fassbender and Elba, icing on the cake

Very very very very very excited for this. Shame it's being shot in 3D, Ridley had an excellent opportunity to go 70mm with this one. I will be seeing it in normal vision, but yeah, very reminiscent of Alien indeed. It looks be Ridley's most aesthetically pleasing film since Gladiator, I mean the set designs look absolutely bold and if the tension build up in the trailer is anything to go by, this should be a very claustrophobic and intense experience.

Heavyweight ****ing cast too. PEARCE, FASSBENDER, ELBA, RAPACE, Theron. This can't disappoint.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Ian Whyte is our “God” in Prometheus?

Dec 29, 2011

While Ridley Scott continues to deny Prometheus will be a prequel to his 1979 classic Alien, all evidence (here and here) points to it being just that, a prequel. Well, not only will we see the mysterious “Space Jockey” from the 79 film, a source has told Bloody-Disgusting that Ian Whyte will be portraying one of the via suitmation. They also have heard the Space Jockeys will be referred to as our “Creator” or “God”. Whyte’s character will be referred to as “The Engineer”, but it’s unkown if that will be creature featured briefly in Scott’s Alien.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I saw the trailer for this the other day and the only word that come to mind was... "WOW" cannot wait for this!!

Well I WAS hyped for it. Now i'm just semi hyped. Apparently it might turn out to be a 12A. Dunno why a 12A is being called for when the 3D thing will make enough cash flow already. I'm not saying it has to be violent or have bad language to be a good film, but I just hate the idea of restricting stuff for a film that potentially has very few limits. I hope they at least make it a 15 (since 15 is the new 18 these days).

Hi to all, this is my first post here. (Im posting what may be deadly spoilers - so be warned)

After watching the trailer which leaves one full of deliberate confusion your presented with a familiar sight. We see a guy moving in that scene, very tall, not human....must be the pilot - a Space Jockey. Yes? Well I think-No!

Why would we be shown the real deal after a minute of random mystery? I think this tall pale guy is in fact one of the human crew long after infection & mutation. Perhaps the one who resists the change and by this effect evolves into or is rewarded by becoming a young engineer instead. He is some how given a explorer ship as his method of learning about himself - seen in the trailer.

But he is horrified by the actions of his peers and their monsters and turns to help the crew. He remote activates a Bio Ship for the crew to use and also effects the Xenos into seeking his peers as a greater food source. The remaining explorers then flee easily as the Xeno ignores them seeking out Engineers.

Explosions of viewed as the Xeno cause chaos in their attempt to feed on any thing Engineer related. Engineers are unable to alter the Xeno instruction as a new "found one of theirs" has created it. They aim to capture this new one but are caught up in the Xeno destruction of their temple - weakening them. All Urns are smashed and exposed to Earths atmosphere - the Genisis of man begins.

One crew member is guided to a Bio ship and meets this new engineer. It introduces itself as the former crew member. The ship moves into space near to the Prometheus. Another crew member now horribly changed has waited until now - wanted to have the power that the young engineer has. It attacks the new engineer and in the fight a cry of "flee" is heard. The new engineer remotely opens a exit portal. We see the survivor flee into space and meet the Prometheus.

Once inside, the survivor goes to the sleep chambers, remotely controlled by the new engineer.

The new engineer then allows itself to be sucked into space with the monster and uses its mind to open to travel portal. The Prometheus is pulled into nothingness. The young engineer now calls his ship and rejoins it leaving the monster trapped in old Earths gravity - the beast burns up. Badly beaten and wounded, the young engineer merges with a Bio Suit to heal and begins plotting a journey to Earths future. It senses death upon Earth now - no engineers in existence. Soon the survivng xeno will perish with no food. Great winds are seen upon Earth with focus given to the BIO FORMER contents flapping around.

It is now realised by the young engineer that his peers where here not to create us. Humanity was created by humanity (stepping into the past)

The young engineer is then seen smiling and looking at a projection of modern day Earth. It then moves the craft to be pulled into nothingness. We see the being look at pollution problems, wars and starving via a projected screen. The being speaks - I shall heal this for humanity.

Somewhere else inside the BIO SHIP a egg is seen - previously laid by the monster. The young being of power falls into sleep and regenerates/heals.

Something is seen scurrying like a rat.

The original Space Jockey was one of us now evolved to god like ability. Caught off guard in its healing and killed.

Thats my idea - bet its all wrong but there you go

Um, this idea for the film came in dreams and also constructive thinking. Previously Ive found myself to be spot on with past movies.

Star Trek Next Gen first Movie: Dreamt of seeing the disc seperate and crash at the end of the story leading to a new beefier star ship being built. In the Dream it crashed upon a road which lead to a new project for STNG further along this roadway.

Independence Day: Worked out that the only way to beat the invader was to wait until they opened up to fire their major weapon. Dreamt of the aliens in the movie and felt dissapointed - sensed alot of problems there in budget and ability to display a alien, big confusion over what would look amazing

Terminator 3: Worked out that the only way to kill the bad guy(women) was to place explosive within her stomach area. Friends where surprised when i told them this! They had seen the picture I had not.

Bush: Saw him (in dream) stood higher next to his challenger for the President role. A few days later President Bush addressed the USA.

Star Trek Voyager: (dream) Speices 8472, saw it hitting the rear of Voyager and sending it into trouble. Alot of how can we do this was heard and angered voices struggling with "plots" and "impossibilities"

Now heres one that didnt happen

STNG: best of both worlds part 2. Had to wait ages for this episode on TV I had one dream in which Q appears aboard the Enterprise as it faces the cube near Earth. Saw a few other ships too. A women says, "weve stopped it!" Then it comes to life again and Q is impressed by us. He clicks his fingers and sends it away. Q goes onto to say to Picard, "why hide under your bed sir when you can control the fear"

Well that never happened