The Crow 'Reimagining'

Tools    

Didn't like MST3000 at first but it grew on me.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Production has begun on the film, now called The Crow Reborn. Jason Momoa is playing Eric Draven with Colin Hardy directing. Momoa recently finished Aquaman and is doing the press rounds for Justice League. Now, he's ready to finally do this film.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I dontknow how I feel about remaking a movie where the lead was killed. Personally, Im still cut up about it.

ps. I dont know anything about any sequels. Never heard of them.

I dont know anything about any sequels. Never heard of them.
The Crow: City of Angels - virtual reboot in terms of trying to make Vincent Perez look like a pseudo Brandon Lee. He's an auto mechanic who is killed along with his son and it's the only connected sequel as they brought back the character of Sarah.

The Crow: Salvation - Eric Mabius seeks revenge after he is falsely accused of his girlfriend's murder and is electrocuted.

The Crow: Wicked Prayer - Eddie Furlong is Jimmy, a young man who is resurrected after he and his girlfriend are killed by a gang known as The Four Horsemen, in which David Boreanaz's Death is the leader who seeks immortality. Has some sort of Native American mythology involved.

According to sources, The Crow's creator, James O'Barr, has approved of the new reboot of the original.

Jason Momoa and director Corin Hardy have both bailed.

They were set to start shooting in about 2 weeks, and the release date had even been confirmed as October 19th 2019.
The movie is now completely cancelled.
(yay)

I'm glad tbh.
Brandon Lee was perfect in the role. Can't be bettered, especially by an actor like Momoa.

It has been nearly four years, but the film is finally getting made. Production is set to begin in June in Prague and Munich with Rupert Sanders set to direct and Zach Baylin having written the script based on the original comic by James O'Barr.

Bill Skarsgard has scored the role of Eric Draven while FKA Twigs will be playing Shelly Webster, Eric's fiancee, who is being re-conceived as a co-lead. Sounds like it's being inspired by the short-lived series version "Stairway to Heaven" in which Mark Dacascos' Eric would get advice and encouragement from Shelly in nearly every episode.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/the-cro...rs-1234992876/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
so. perfect.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Stephen Norrington's back? I have mixed feelings about that.
Rupert Sanders is directing the film and Zach Baylin is writing. Norrington is no longer involved with the reboot.

Welcome to the human race...
This thread is over 13 years old and this is now at least the fourth different director linked to the project, to say nothing of more actors. It's development hell, alright.

I saw someone mention on Twitter that there was a Crow comic with a female protagonist and that they should try adapting that instead, which honestly doesn't sound like the worst idea compared to reheating Eric and Shelly's story.

This thread is over 13 years old and this is now at least the fourth different director linked to the project, to say nothing of more actors. It's development hell, alright.

I saw someone mention on Twitter that there was a Crow comic with a female protagonist and that they should try adapting that instead, which honestly doesn't sound like the worst idea compared to reheating Eric and Shelly's story.
They even introduced a female "Crow" on the TV series to help with Eric Draven. Her name is "Talon" (Hannah Foster) and she was played by Bobbie Phillips.

Stephen Norrington has stated that he doesn't want to do a gothic, stylized version, he wants to do a realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style style of The Crow.

Well, that will pretty much kill it. And I say this having walked out of the original when it was in theaters.

Well, that will pretty much kill it. And I say this having walked out of the original when it was in theaters.
Why did you walk out? (Have you ever seen the whole movie?)

I ask this because The Crow had so many things I dislike about comic-based movies (which might have made me WANT to walk out), yet I still loved it anyway.

I've always disliked supernatural-based superheroes.
I don't care for mime make-up.
I really despise movies with a nearly mono-chromatic color scheme.
I don't like when movies are mostly dark throughout.
I'm not big on ghost stories (or ghost heroes).
Bird spirit guides? Meh!
Cliché Cops saying and doing all the cliché cop things.
The guy from The Warriors NOT doing the "Warriors... come out to play-yay!" thing.

Despite all that I loved The Crow!