Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021)

Tools    

I thought it was one of Marvel's best. I enjoyed the cameos and cheered for them. Finally, Marvel made a horror film. Of course, in Disney and Marvel's own way.

I thought it was one of Marvel's best. I enjoyed the cameos and cheered for them. Finally, Marvel made a horror film. Of course, in Disney and Marvel's own way.
i agree one of the best marvel movies it’s definitely in my top 5. elizabeth olsen was a bad ass as scarlet witch. i already seen the movie 3 times now 😎.

i agree one of the best marvel movies it’s definitely in my top 5. elizabeth olsen was a bad ass as scarlet witch. i already seen the movie 3 times now 😎.
I was talking to a little kid at the cinema. We were talking favorites. Definitely for me, X-men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Blade and Doctor Strange is moving right up there. I never did like Benedict Cumberbatch as an actor until he became Doctor Strange.

I was talking to a little kid at the cinema. We were talking favorites. Definitely for me, X-men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Blade and Doctor Strange is moving right up there. I never did like Benedict Cumberbatch as an actor until he became Doctor Strange.
awhh really how old was he/she? awh thats so cute i have my favorites on my favorites list on my profile :P. he did amazing as doctor strange i didnt know his really good friends with tom hiddleston

Boldly going.
I thought it was okay, but not great. Certainly not one of Marvel's best.
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
Wanda's transformation into a villain came out of nowhere - it wasn't even foreshadowed. Couldn't she have just adopted? Found a new love after Vision?
I was ecstatic to finally see Prof. X and Reed Richards in a Marvel movie, but they were only in the movie for 20 minutes and then they died! The movie also suffered from an overabundance of CGI.

The first Dr. Strange was much better, IMO.

Wanda's transformation into a villain came out of nowhere - it wasn't even foreshadowed. Couldn't she have just adopted? Found a new love after Vision?
I was ecstatic to finally see Prof. X and Reed Richards in a Marvel movie, but they were only in the movie for 20 minutes and then they died! The movie also suffered from an overabundance of CGI.

to me this one is much better then the first but i respect ur opinion!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
This wasn't quite what I was expecting - more horror madness than fun madness. I felt there was much more fun to be had with the multiverse than 'basically the same except red means go and green means stop' - quick flash of multiverses aside (did that make anyone else think of Inside Out?). I quite enjoyed the little visual nods to horror films like Carrie and Day of the Dead (and Bruce Campbell of course). But bot so much the lame jump scares. I thought it was a bit of a shame that they took Wanda down the 'read an evil book now an all out villain' route. Although I have a query about the end (major spoilers):

WARNING: "Dr Strange 2" spoilers below
Did the Wandas swap? Is evil Wanda in the alternate universe while normal mom Wanda is the one who destroyed the darkhold temple on herself??

America Chavez was basically a human Macguffin with little development beyond 'I can't control my powers...oh wait, now I can because the plot requires it'. And another way for Marvel to signal how OK they are with gay people... if they're nameless nobodies in 2 second flashbacks you can edit out for the Chinese market and not actual superheroes.

The little alternate universe cameos were kind of fun (yay for the X-Men theme and John Krasinski) but similar to Infinity War and Endgame's timey-wimey shenanigans, alternate universes are a great way to play with shock value by killing off major characters but then not really. In terms of main character deaths the statistics are still saying don't be a woman with red hair in a Marvel movie.

This is probably my new favorite movie. I fell in love with the horror direction Raimi used, especially during the climax.

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "DS2/Wandavision" spoilers below
I thought Wandavision itself was the foreshadowing - she straight-up took a whole town hostage with her reality-warping powers rather than face the prospect of life without Vision. Even if she was supposedly trying to make amends for her actions as the show wrapped, the knowledge that she could use those powers to have the specific kids she already had in Wandavision back - as opposed to just any random kids to whom she didn't have any connection whatsoever - would have been too tempting to pass up (see also Kingpin in Into the Spider-Verse building multiverse technology just to reunite with the family he lost in his own timeline).

Anyway, The cameos were just a drag.

But yeah, as much as I liked the original Strange (by MCU standards anyway) and was intrigued by Sam Raimi making his big return to directing after a decade, this was yet another dud (albeit a dud with a relative amount of visual inventiveness). Besides, as much as this movie tried to play Elseworlds with its hero cameos, none of them resonated with me anywhere near as much as

WARNING: "DS2" spoilers below
Bruce Campbell being beaten up by his possessed hand

Watched it today, and I enjoyed it.

Like Waititi put his own mark on Ragnarok, Raimi does it with this. It has a distinct tone to it. And not to forget the references to some of his horror movies.

In terms of pushing the boundaries with its subject, it comes nowhere close to what Everything Everywhere All At Once achieved, but that's understandable because this is meant for a wider audience with less creative freedom. Raimi has done a good job with what he was allowed.

Also loved the cameos, and Miss Olsen looks stunning in red. But didn't care for the girl who was meant to be saved.

Was hinted at in the series.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
In terms of pushing the boundaries with its subject, it comes nowhere close to what Everything Everywhere All At Once achieved, but that's understandable because this is meant for a wider audience with less creative freedom.
Yes, Everything Everywhere All At Once has a lot more multiverse and a lot more madness.

Not as expected.. Disappointed with the outcome