Ozark

Tools    

We just finished the first 7 episodes. We took our time so we'd have something to look forward to watch, but we'd probably watch the final 7 tomorrow if they were available.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Not really spoilers here, but watch your step if you haven't caught up!!!

WARNING: "Stuff" spoilers below
I thought that Wendy might have learned a lesson in S3 to reign in her need to win. Really disappointed in the character! I mean, I like what's happening for the series, but was hoping she hit a "**** just got REAL" moment last time around. Instead, she's gone nutty!! She's kinda like the worst parts of Walter White AND Skyler all in one new mega-morphin' kaiju character.

WARNING: "OK this might be a spoiler for S4" spoilers below
Also, I'm kinda shocked that Jonah has become the new Charlotte. I get that he's going through that rebellious age now himself, but after witnessing the chaos his sister caused so often and that he always seemed to lack emotions with his analytical view on things it just seems like an odd turn.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Duplicate Account (locked)
Not really spoilers here, but watch your step if you haven't caught up!!!

WARNING: "Stuff" spoilers below
I thought that Wendy might have learned a lesson in S3 to reign in her need to win. Really disappointed in the character! I mean, I like what's happening for the series, but was hoping she hit a "**** just got REAL" moment last time around. Instead, she's gone nutty!! She's kinda like the worst parts of Walter White AND Skyler all in one new mega-morphin' kaiju character.

WARNING: "OK this might be a spoiler for S4" spoilers below
Also, I'm kinda shocked that Jonah has become the new Charlotte. I get that he's going through that rebellious age now himself, but after witnessing the chaos his sister caused so often and that he always seemed to lack emotions with his analytical view on things it just seems like an odd turn.

WARNING: spoilers below

i thought it was kinda strange that Charlotte is all lock step with her family's total dishonesty and machiavellian cunning now

Finished the first 7 of the finale. What does the ending mean of episode 1? Would they dare kill off one of the very main characters? Or the whole lot of them?

Javi is a total nut job. Makes Omar a slightly sympathetic character in contrast.

Yeah, Wendy has gone surgical, for sure. Lady Macbeth has nothing on her. She’s become the baddest bad ass now that Darlene is gone.

Looking forward to April 29.

I binged part 2 of the last season over the past few days. It kind of felt somewhat contrived to me in many regards. Some of the plotlines worked themselves out in a reasonable and satisfying manner, but some of the character's reactions on a few topics did not fit with the precedent the show has set in place. Overall I feel it is a very strong and entertaining story as a whole and I get that a few straws broke some camels back so it can be difficult to predict people's reactions.

I am disappointed in the final episode, but not extremely so - I just wanted more I guess.

From other reviews I have seen there is a big split on the finale' and I can see the other point of view - it just was not to my liking.

I might post more in spoiler tags if I get the opportunity.

Still - I give it a 4 outta 5 stars - would have given it a 4.5 if the ending was better.

I binged part 2 of the last season over the past few days. It kind of felt somewhat contrived to me in many regards. Some of the plotlines worked themselves out in a reasonable and satisfying manner, but some of the character's reactions on a few topics did not fit with the precedent the show has set in place. Overall I feel it is a very strong and entertaining story as a whole and I get that a few straws broke some camels back so it can be difficult to predict people's reactions.

I am disappointed in the final episode, but not extremely so - I just wanted more I guess.

From other reviews I have seen there is a big split on the finale' and I can see the other point of view - it just was not to my liking.

I might post more in spoiler tags if I get the opportunity.

Still - I give it a 4 outta 5 stars - would have given it a 4.5 if the ending was better.
Most Twitter people hated the ending. I didn’t mind even though it was my favorite character in the show. Many Twitter people very divided over Jonah & what exactly happened there. Don’t know why, seems obvious to me.

SO SAD the show is over. Loved every minute of it. 10 out of 10.

While still great TV, I had higher hopes for the last 7 episodes. I think it could and should have been so much better. Also a little aggravated about some intentional misleading of the audience.

Most Twitter people hated the ending. I didn’t mind even though it was my favorite character in the show. Many Twitter people very divided over Jonah & what exactly happened there. Don’t know why, seems obvious to me.

SO SAD the show is over. Loved every minute of it. 10 out of 10.
WARNING: "teh stuffz." spoilers below
Personally, I get the divide over Jonah. Not so much him pulling the trigger, but that he would side with his parents given how abruptly he turned against them early on in this season (I think it was this season??). Anyway, at this point given how obvious his mother is in flipping emotional switches for manipulation and given his awareness of that since the Ben incident, I was more surprised that he ended up back home at all. The closing scene could not exist without him coming back so that, arguably, felt contrived. Because it was the very last shot in the last scene, it may be receiving more attention that that might have had it happened earlier with some other moment playing the end card.

Pretty intense ride. I restarted the series early last month, I believe, and much of it plays like a dark comedy almost crime parody in my second view. Maybe because the shock has faded and I can pick up on other elements. I'm not sure. I need to return to that.

While still great TV, I had higher hopes for the last 7 episodes. I think it could and should have been so much better. Also a little aggravated about some intentional misleading of the audience.
Such as?

Personally, I get the divide over Jonah. Not so much him pulling the trigger, but that he would side with his parents given how abruptly he turned against them early on in this season (I think it was this season??). Anyway, at this point given how obvious his mother is in flipping emotional switches for manipulation and given his awareness of that since the Ben incident, I was more surprised that he ended up back home at all. The closing scene could not exist without him coming back so that, arguably, felt contrived. Because it was the very last shot in the last scene, it may be receiving more attention that that might have had it happened earlier with some other moment playing the end card.

To whoever wrote the above. Maybe Jonah realized that grandpa is not everything he thought he was. And, don’t forget, Jonah is still a child in the eyes of the law & maybe he just wanted his mother. I don’t know.

I assume the misleading bit was for the opening sequence of S4, Episode 1. And the one or two dream sequences that were part of the season trailer (I tihnk?).

I assume the misleading bit was for the opening sequence of S4, Episode 1. And the one or two dream sequences that were part of the season trailer (I tihnk?).
The vehicle overturning, do you mean? And when they all exited several episodes later without a scratch was definitely a huge stretch.

Dream sequences? I don’t remember this.

Just watched the pilot for this edgy and chillin Netflix series. Jason Bateman won an Emmy for his work in the first season of his this series playing Marty Byrde, a Chicago-based financial advisor with a wife, two kids, and a questionable moral barometer who has money stolen from him by a business partner, a move that gets Marty $5,000,000 deep with a dangerous drug dealer (Esai Morales). As Marty watches four of his associates die in front of his eyes, the only way he gets his life spared is by agreeing to leave Chicago and move with his family to the Ozarks in order to launder money for this drug dealer. This show is already fascinating to me because even though I have heard the phrase used in hundreds of movies, I've never known exactly what it means to "launder" money and I'm looking forward to finding out. First of all, I love the financial clock put on Marty, who must launder $500,000,000 in five years and in addition to the deaths of his partners, what happens when learns that his wife has cleaned out his savings and checking accounts literally made my jaw drop. Apparently, Marty's wife, Wendy (Laura Linney) is no paragon of virtue either, but is quickly made aware of the consequences of her actions thus far. Bateman nailed that scene in the vault. Loved that packing scene where i think Wendy told her daughter the truth about what was going on. A creepy hour of television, which i was shocked to learn was directed by Bateman, that i think may continue to invest in. Bateman and Linney work well together and Morales has not been this bone chilling since he played Paco Moreno in Bad Boys.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Just watched the pilot for this edgy and chillin Netflix series. Jason Bateman won an Emmy for his work in the first season of his this series playing Marty Byrde, a Chicago-based financial advisor with a wife, two kids, and a questionable moral barometer who has money stolen from him by a business partner, a move that gets Marty $5,000,000 deep with a dangerous drug dealer (Esai Morales). As Marty watches four of his associates die in front of his eyes, the only way he gets his life spared is by agreeing to leave Chicago and move with his family to the Ozarks in order to launder money for this drug dealer. This show is already fascinating to me because even though I have heard the phrase used in hundreds of movies, I've never known exactly what it means to "launder" money and I'm looking forward to finding out. First of all, I love the financial clock put on Marty, who must launder $500,000,000 in five years and in addition to the deaths of his partners, what happens when learns that his wife has cleaned out his savings and checking accounts literally made my jaw drop. Apparently, Marty's wife, Wendy (Laura Linney) is no paragon of virtue either, but is quickly made aware of the consequences of her actions thus far. Bateman nailed that scene in the vault. Loved that packing scene where i think Wendy told her daughter the truth about what was going on. A creepy hour of television, which i was shocked to learn was directed by Bateman, that i think may continue to invest in. Bateman and Linney work well together and Morales has not been this bone chilling since he played Paco Moreno in Bad Boys.
One of the best pilots I’ve ever seen! Savor that first season, Jacob and Darlene 😍

Well as ep 2 opened, I learned I was wrong about Wendy telling their daughter the truth about what is happening, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. She' coming off rather bratty and entitled and maybe needs to be aware of the danger the family is in. That scene in the car was excellent...what exactly did Marty mean when he said he and Wendy weren't husband and wife anymore? OK, the guy who went off the balcony was having an affair Wendy? Nice plot twist. Not sure why Marty needs that storage space. "Plain Janes with a work ethic? That's my sweet spot right there." Liked that the strip club owner was onto what Marty was doing. The actor playing Wyatt reminds me of Lucas Hedges. Loved Harris Yulin as the dying homeowner. You just know everything that Marty told those dumbasses in the bathroom was on the money. Don't understand those scenes of Marty on that cliff. I'm dumbfounded by the sacrifice Marty is making here. Glad Marty changed his mind because it wouldn't have worked. The Blue Cat Lodge was a total disaster. Glad Wendy told the kids the truth. They need to know the truth.

Didn't think one of the first things we would see in ep 3 was Harris Yulin's bare ass. They haven't even moved the furniture in the house and they're already being watched. Julia Garner, who has won three Emmys for her work on this show, is positively creepy as Ruth. I guess I missed how Marty came to run the Blue Cat Lodge but maybe it will be addressed later. Those people following Wendy to the grocery store weren't even trying to be discreet about it. Really starting to dislike Charlotte...she reminds me of Violet on Mom. Marty and Wendy need to keep a closer eye on Jonah, something's definitely going on there. That was so cool what they did with Marty and that commercial with Sara McLoghlan. Was that blood in that wheelbarrow? LOVED the reveal about Bruce, did not see that coming. Julia Garner puts me in mind of a very young Jessica Lange. Laura Linney played the hell out of Wendy's ice cream meltdown in the grocery store. Wait a minute...those FBI agents are lovers? That's awesome! Church on the water? How creepy was that? Ruth is making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Can't believe she locked up those guys outside like animals.

Well, I didn't think I would get it as quickly as season1 ep 4, but we actually got a comprehensible explanation as to exactly what money laundering is. Hard to tell how sincere Wendy's motives were in that first scene with Marty. Really don't see the point of Jonah becoming BFF's with Buddy. "I don't like experiments...they constipate me." "Stripping might be every girl's dream, but it might not be for every girl." What was that scene with Jonah and the dead wolf about....love that it was shot from overhead though. I KNEW there was something really weird going on with Jonah. OK, Marty dragged that safe all the way back to his house behind his car without anybody noticing? That scene at the Byrde breakfast table was excellent. Bateman was masterful in that scene with the strip club owner. Those Lagmores aren't the brightest bulbs in the row. Loved the way the end of the episode circled back to the beginning.