Yes, but a budget brand
9.09%
2 votes
Yes, but a designer brand
18.18%
4 votes
No, jeans are the worst
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Never cared for jeans.

I've had one pair of jeans that I was happy with. Looked perfect, etc. Compared to khakis/chinos/whatevers that are more pleasing to my eye. I still don't understand why I feel compelled to buy jeans when khakis look better, fit better and feel better.

I've had one pair of jeans that I was happy with. Looked perfect, etc. Compared to khakis/chinos/whatevers that are more pleasing to my eye. I still don't understand why I feel compelled to buy jeans when khakis look better, fit better and feel better.
If you find that second perfect pair, do you have to change your username?

You ready? You look ready.
Oh God, I didn’t even think to consider sunglasses. I’ve only ever bought two pairs in the last ten years, but I will see myself out in shame now.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
If you find that second perfect pair, do you have to change your username?

I would relish the opportunity.

I love Levi's jeans. I have wore them most of my life. Levi's never had tapered leg jeans back in the 80s. They had stove pipe leg. They were the slimmest, straightest leg jeans. I haven't seen them in the longest time. Levi's for women have stretchy material now and they feel nothing like Levi's from the 70s and 80s. They can feel cheaply made. I look for the good durable pair when I have to shop for them. They have become pricey as well.

Which reminds me on a sort of unrelated note I believe it's insanely ludicrous people actually buy sunglasses that cost $100+
Prescription sunglasses with designer frames (which is what I have) cost a lot more than $100. Even regular prescription glasses cost more than $100. I actually don’t have a really expensive pair of sunglasses (which is what I would like) because nobody sells those around here. I would need to go down to the city for those.

I will drop some serious cash on a nice jacket, but that’s it. Everything else is clearance rack or budget options. Even my shoes.

Which reminds me, I have a jacket addiction. I collect jackets the way some people collect sneakers. They say the first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. 😅
Do post a photo of a fave jacket.

My prescription glasses have transition lenses, so I technically paid over $100 for sunglasses. In my defense, they're aviators. (Which probably means I look like a serial killer when indoors, but such is the cost of wanting to look cool outdoors.)
I love sunglasses. (I hide behind them.) There’s so many great shades for women & they look so very cool. I never leave the house without sunglasses.

Amal Clooney has the best designer shades.

I love Levi's jeans. I have wore them most of my life. Levi's never had tapered leg jeans back in the 80s. They had stove pipe leg. They were the slimmest, straightest leg jeans. I haven't seen them in the longest time. Levi's for women have stretchy material now and they feel nothing like Levi's from the 70s and 80s. They can feel cheaply made. I look for the good durable pair when I have to shop for them. They have become pricey as well.
Back in college all I wore was Levi's and the greatest pair I ever had was a pair of 501s for women I found in a Goodwill and were from the late 80s/early 90s, and I know exactly what you're saying about the legs. To this day I have yet to find a pair that fit like them in the legs or seat. My ass looked divine in those jeans, and I had no ass to speak of at the time.

I also bought a new pair of STF 501s and they were pretty much painted on me, and I had worn them in pretty well when my mom accidentally ran them through the dryer so she could empty the washer for her stuff. Uh, I freaked out when I found out they had hit the dryer. Sure enough, they were impossible to button the top two buttons and I had to sell them.

Do post a photo of a fave jacket.
That's a tough call. I have one in mind I will post when I get home tonight. But I might have another 2 or 3 to post with it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

We all float down here....
Wrangler 13MWZ

IYKYK....

I also bought a new pair of STF 501s and they were pretty much painted on me, and I had worn them in pretty well when my mom accidentally ran them through the dryer so she could empty the washer for her stuff. Uh, I freaked out when I found out they had hit the dryer. Sure enough, they were impossible to button the top two buttons and I had to sell them.

That's a tough call. I have one in mind I will post when I get home tonight. But I might have another 2 or 3 to post with it.
Dryers can wreak havoc. None of my personal stuff goes in the dryer. Ever.

Looking forward to jacket posts.

I have a weird number of high quality brands simply through scouring thrift shops and nabbing them over the years. But of the ones I buy new, I like Gap pretty well. I've got a few of theirs that fit really well.

I will drop some serious cash on a nice jacket, but that’s it. Everything else is clearance rack or budget options. Even my shoes.

Which reminds me, I have a jacket addiction. I collect jackets the way some people collect sneakers. They say the first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. 😅
I have a Converse "Chucks" collection. My first pair I bought about 5 years ago for my birthday. I have never seen another pair like those. They were black shoreline with faint roses and leaves pattern. I have many colors, many styles and still want more. I do have a black leather Hello Kitty pair as well.

I have a weird number of high quality brands simply through scouring thrift shops and nabbing them over the years. But of the ones I buy new, I like Gap pretty well. I've got a few of theirs that fit really well.
I love thrift shops for all kinds of stuff.

Consignment stores are the very best. Thrift stores where rich people consign their stuff.

Try to ignore the messy/disorganized dresser. It’s on my to-do list for this weekend.

@Stirchley

Number 1 and number 5 are over ten years old now and primarily carry sentimental value.*

Number 1 has hundreds of memories of smoke sessions with my ex-bestfriend buried in it. I can’t separate those memories of him from it, and I have tried to let it go but I just can’t do it. It’s now my daily jacket for around the house when I take Hunter outside in the mornings/evenings.

Number 5 was bought for me by dad, so I ain’t never getting rid of it. I had watched the movie Michael Clayton and kept talking about how I wanted a topcoat for my suit. It’s nothing fancy but it was the best he could buy and was the warmest jacket I had ever owned at that point. It’s easily my most worn jacket, so it’s got so many memories in it that I’ve forgotten half of them. I basically spent my college years in one of those two jackets.

The rest are my favorites from my Members Only collection (I’m up to 25 at this point). 😅*

Feel free to ask about any of them if you want to know more about why I picked them.

And two more favorites. Figured I had to share the leather one since I already mentioned it. Spent a pretty penny on it but I only seem to wear it on windy days, or when I wanna look

The chore jacket was what I wore today. I picked it up after getting a wild hair and deciding I needed a chore jacket. Ended up being an awesome steal of an eBay find.

@John McClane, thanks for sharing. Cool collection. i think I like the chore jacket best because you said it’s super-warm with a removable liner. I hate being cold.

Do you hang all your jackets on a rail? Because you need a ton of space for the 25 Members Only jackets plus these. They must take up a considerable amount of room.

Okay, so these are my favorite jeans for men & women. Boot-cut. I guess these are Levi’s. I like them because they’re simple & straightforward without embellishment of any kind. If I wrote copy, I would say “They get the job done”.

Those are most definitely not Levi’s.

Those are Wrangler.

And to answer your earlier question: I have two closets for my jackets now. One for fall/winter and one for spring/summer. When I lived with mom I only had one closest but it was big enough to get one of those extra hanging arms to create a two rail system and they all hung to one side of the closest. It was tight, but I made it work.

Those are most definitely not Levi’s.

Those are Wrangler.

And to answer your earlier question: I have two closets for my jackets now. One for fall/winter and one for spring/summer. When I lived with mom I only had one closest but it was big enough to get one of those extra hanging arms to create a two rail system and they all hung to one side of the closest. It was tight, but I made it work.
I wish I lived someplace where one set of clothes works for the entire year. Such a palaver changing winter clothes over to summer & vice versa.

I have a few pairs, but more like a sports type of clothing.