Movie series where the first one was the worst one.

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Usually in a series of movies, the sequels tend to get worse compared to the original but there are a few exceptions where I would say that the original is not as good as the sequels.

Three examples off the top of my head are the first Mad Max, the first Evil Dead, and A Fistful of Dollars, not being as good as the the sequels.

Does the first three X-men movies count as a trilogy, and the rest that follow after, are spin offs, since they have different stories? If so, I would say that the first X-men is not as good as the two sequels either, which compliment the first more.

What do you think?

Oh okay. A lot of times people say the second one is massively superior, like how a lot of people think that Empire Strikes Back or The Dark Knight are superior to the first ones, but I wouldn't count just two movies, cause usually by the 3rd or 4th one, people will say that the 3rd or 4th entry are not as good as the original. But it's pretty common for the second one to beat the original.

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
IF we’re going by Rotten Tomatoes scores: Captain America: The First Avenger is the lowest rated with The Winter Solder rated slightly higher, and Civil War being the highest.

I'm surprised Civil War is the most well liked if that's the case, but if that counts as one too then.

I think in the case of the Evil dead series all three are basically equal just different. Id agree with Mad Max but a lot of folks **** on Beyond Thunderdome.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Dollar Trilogy
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Mission Impossible franchise. They just keep getting better as they go along.

Sleepaway Camp was a good example until they made a fourth one.

Wolverine (Origins, The Wolverine, Logan)
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Two that would up for debate... Dirty Harry and Rambo but I haven't seen the first Rambo and I haven't watched the Dirty Harry movies in order.

The Mission Impossible franchise. They just keep getting better as they go along.
I agree with that accept for the fourth one, which I thought was the least best.

Sleepaway Camp was a good example until they made a fourth one.

Wolverine (Origins, The Wolverine, Logan)
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Two that would up for debate... Dirty Harry and Rambo but I haven't seen the first Rambo and I haven't watched the Dirty Harry movies in order.
Oh I actually like the first Dirty Harry better than the most of the sequels.

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
@Siddon what are you talking about? I heard the first Rambo is the best; after that it then goes into just weird action movie territory.

@Siddon what are you talking about? I heard the first Rambo is the best; after that it then goes into just weird action movie territory.

So you didn't watch the first Rambo?

It's tricky to put a value on any of the Rambo films. For me the first one is the weirdest one, it's very made for TV Cable action film. The crooked Sheriff/PTSD thing didn't really work for me. The other two films were action films with clear messaging.

the first Mad Max

I think Beyond Thunderdome is the weakest. And I'd put Mad Max ahead of Fury Road as well.

The first Rambo is technically the best for me, but Rambo III is a fairly good sequel I think.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm surprised people think the John Woo entry to the Mission Impossible franchise is better than the original.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, M:I seems like a better example of a series where the first is the best.

A system of cells interlinked
Harry Potter