Great Kidnapping Movies? (Serious or Comedic)

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
High and Low (1963)
The Skin I Live In (2011)

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned The Vanishing (1988) yet. I'm proud to be the first. I think The Vanishing may be the greatest abduction movie of all time. I say that not in terms of my personal enjoyment of the film, but that's from my attempt at looking at the movie as objectively as possible. I didn't find it a particularly entertaining movie to watch, but extremely gripping. On a technique level I can't find a single flaw, and on an artistic level it is a masterpiece.

Jurassic Park III is my favorite kidnapping movie & for good reason - it's a fun little adventure film that returned the sense of wonder about dinosaurs to the franchise after the slightly incoherent awkwardness of Lost World.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm shocked that no one has mentioned The Vanishing (1988) yet. I'm proud to be the first. I think The Vanishing may be the greatest abduction movie of all time. I say that not in terms of my personal enjoyment of the film, but that's from my attempt at looking at the movie as objectively as possible. I didn't find it a particularly entertaining movie to watch, but extremely gripping. On a technique level I can't find a single flaw, and on an artistic level it is a masterpiece.

Dutch movie, right? This was good.