WHERE THE HECK AM I?

Tools    

lol @GulfportDoc.
Yes, in the US. . And the gardens were designed by the same famed landscape architect who designed Central Park. Which is nowhere in the vicinity of this place .

lol @GulfportDoc.
Yes, in the US. . And the gardens were designed by the same famed landscape architect who designed Central Park. Which is nowhere in the vicinity of this place .
That got me in the back door, so to speak.. Frederick Law Olmstead designed Central Park in NYC, as well as scores of other large landscape projects, including the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina.

I recently watched a biography of Cornelia Vanderbilt which extensively showed the estate completed by her father, GW Vanderbilt, II in 1995.

You sneakily showed us an end view, so as not to have us recognize the iconic front view, you naughty girl...

Good one...

Exactly right. Except for the date ( typo?) - it was completed in 1895. The Biltmore Estate is considered to be the largest privately owned residence in America.
Good catch @GulfportDoc - your turn.

That got me in the back door, so to speak.. Frederick Law Olmstead designed Central Park in NYC, as well as scores of other large landscape projects, including the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina.
The Biltmore Estate was actually the 2nd place posted in this thread. @Yoda came up with it.

@GulfportDoc, you’re up.

Exactly right. Except for the date ( typo?) - it was completed in 1895. The Biltmore Estate is considered to be the largest privately owned residence in America.
Good catch @GulfportDoc - your turn.
Heh, heh. Yes, of course. 1895..

Where is this woman holding forth? It's known as "The Home of Free Speech":

Well in aint Beijing or Havana . I will say London.. on Speakers Corner.. think they call it. In Hyde Park if not mistaken.

Well in aint Beijing or Havana . I will say London.. on Speakers Corner.. think they call it. In Hyde Park if not mistaken.
Yes, sir. Good one. I'd hoped it wasn't too abstruse..

That looks like Haystack Rock on the Oregon coast. I've been there, beautiful spot.
Exactly right. Beautiful and photogenic spot on Cannon Beach - your turn CR