MOFO 80's Teen Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Akira

Really just felt very anxious with this film so not the funnest watching experience. The animation is very nice for the time and I feel it does nice for what it sets out to do but I just didnt enjoy the premise or the way it was presented. As I stated I was looking for much more relaxing films hence the reason I joined this hof but Akira was just a bit two energetic and heavy for my liking.

So basically it does what it sets out to do well but I just dont personally care for what it accomplishes. Im sure those fans of old anime films will for sure enjoy this one.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They're probably complaining because the kids in Stand by Me were barely old enough to qualify as teenagers, and their characters weren't portrayed as teenagers. But I haven't heard the complaints since I haven't been following the conversation in the thread that much, so I can only speculate. I disagree about it "definitely" being considered a teen movie, but that's your opinion as you said, and you're entitled to it.

I have no idea why you're asking me this. Those adults obviously don't look like teenagers, and the way you worded that made it sound like you thought I think they do.
I think @gbgoodies just saying that both nominations have people that don't look like teenagers but people are complaining about Stand By Me and not Grease 2.

Suspect's Reviews

If it was Little Monsters I could see that being an issue, but the kids in SBM smoke, jerk off, and runawaty from home. Its a teen movie. Thats enough loop hole for me, personally.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
great start to the reviews, @Velvet. And don't worry, you did a great job expressing.

A system of cells interlinked
Hmmm, I thought someone else said they were nominating Heathers, or I definitely would have put that one up. Probably my favorite 80s teen flick....

Is it too late to change my pick?

...Who knows, maybe in my old age I'll get one. Like a Charger or a Challenger. Would love one of them, just for the loudness of them.
I'd love to have a Challenger or a new Mustang. But I'm a poor boy and besides I have no place to park them.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hmmm, I thought someone else said they were nominating Heathers, or I definitely would have put that one up. Probably my favorite 80s teen flick....

Is it too late to change my pick?
I said I hope it is nominated.

I was told to nominate it.

I said I wouldn't because I haven't seen it.

No one else nominated it.

I said I hope it is nominated.

I was told to nominate it.

I said I wouldn't because I haven't seen it.

No one else nominated it.
You should have just had faith and nominated it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'd love to have a Challenger or a new Mustang. But I'm a poor boy and besides I have no place to park them.
preaching to the choir, my friend

and yeah, some of the new mustangs DO look pretty cool

I actually like the fact that a very large portion of these films is lesser known films.
Before I decided I don't want to watch about a dozen 80s teen movies I was considering three films of which two would have matched that criteria.

Voyage of the Rock Aliens (I didn't find a workable copy anywhere but I kinda want to rewatch this at some point. Liked it as a kid and it has Michael Berryman.)

Savage Streets (This seemed more easily available and I'll probably rewatch it too. I don't remember it being particularly good but I remember it has great visuals topless Linda Blair.)

Red Dawn (The only well known film I contemplated. It's not great but it's so damn 80s.)

I picked my nom because I wanted a film not too obscure but also not too popular.

Its such a cool movie because it delivers on three fronts;

Touchstone 1980's humor

Craft on display for the film techies

It has a good payload for an ending.

My Bodyguard (1980)

Dir. Tony Bill

Clifford Pearce is a nerdy kid attending his first day at a new school and quickly becomes the target of school bully, Moody. An unlikely friendship is formed when he turns to quiet-tough-kid, Linderman (apparent murderer) for support.

Before coming into this movie I did not have high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had some serious themes which it portrayed quite well. I liked that the film centered mainly around it's two main characters getting to know each other better and improving themselves through one another.

I had not heard of this film before starting this tournament and I am pleased to stay that I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I'm having a super rough time finding these noms which isn;t usually an issue for me. I am sketchy about those streaming sites because the poppies can really harm your work station...I cant afford to lose anything now. I've tried youtube, next to nothing..prime basically sucks...nf wont work on my blu ray player anymore (bastards)...and I certainly cannot afford the rental or purchases.

Any help would be super appreciated!

I should own about half of these! Gahh..I suck

I'm having a super rough time finding these noms which isn;t usually an issue for me. I am sketchy about those streaming sites because the poppies can really harm your work station...I cant afford to lose anything now. I've tried youtube, next to nothing..prime basically sucks...nf wont work on my blu ray player anymore (bastards)...and I certainly cannot afford the rental or purchases.

Any help would be super appreciated!

I should own about half of these! Gahh..I suck
What titles can't you find. Let me know and I will PM you.