I Will Watch at Least One Recommendation From Each MoFo

Tools    

I thought this might be fun. I want to expand my horizons more so...

Every MoFo can recommend one movie and I promise to watch it within a reasonable amount of time. I'd like to say within a month, but if I get too many I might not be able to. But I'm promising not to just leave them dragging on indefinitely. They will get watched even if they're horrible.

No rewatches though. If I've already seen it then you can recommend another one. This may be your chance to spite me and force me to watch something I'll hate. If you want to be cruel that is.

You only get to recommend one movie each, but after I've watched it you can recommend another. Getting to any others like that will be a secondary goal, but I'm not making any promises just yet.

I'll keep a list in the first post here of every submission to keep track. If you have already given me your choice, but I haven't watched it yet, then you can change it if you think of another one you'd rather.

Anyone who watches and reviews one of my recommendations can in turn recommend me an additional movie. You must post your review in this thread!

My Recommendations
Blue (2002) by Hiroshi Ando
Monsieur Lazhar (2011) by Philippe Falardeau
The Poker House (2008) by Lori Petty

The List
Frightened Inmate No. 2 - A Woman Under the Influence
hello101 - The Proposition
JacobKyon - It's a Wonderful Life
Rhys - Bicycle Thieves
Gatsby - Ed Wood
Chypmunk - Lust, Caution
The Gunslinger45 - Casablanca
Nemanja - Che?
Iroquois - Dead Man
mark f - One Eyed Jacks
Watch_Tower - Zaat
neiba - Sunset Boulevard
MovieMeditation - The Celebration
Kaplan - The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
christine - Distant Voices, Still Lives
Mr Minio - Satantango
mistique - The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Simseboy - Enter the Void
TokeZa - Quince Tree of the Sun
Miss Vicky - The Big Lebowski
rauldc14 - The Last Picture Show
honeykid - If...
doubledenim - Army of Darkness
cricket - Hud
Captain Spaulding - Fitzcarraldo
foster - The Man From No Where
Citizen Rules - HottieBoombaLottie
Erasmus Folly - Experiment in Terror
donniedarko - Monsieur Hire
Guaporense - Anvil: The Story of Anvil
Arcanis - The Killer
AF. - Shame
Chardee MacDennis - Upstream Color
the samoan lawyer - Timecrimes
Thursday Next - Head-On
SohoDriver - Seconds
matt72582 - Nashville
teeter_g - Trainspotting
Blastphamy - Gettysburg
TheUsualSuspect - Rubber
MovieGal - Contes Immoraux
Derek Vinyard - The Hunt
Friendly Mushroom! - The Band Wagon
Godoggo -Terribly Happy
Kaplan #2 - Playtime
Gideon58 - Thank You for Smoking
Wolfsbain - The Intouchables
Harry Lime - RR
Pippo - The Paperboy
hello101 - The Devils
Thursday Next - A Taste of Honey
bluedeed - Only Angels Have Wings
Holden Pike - Lone Star

This may be your chance to spite me and force me to watch something I'll hate. If you want to be cruel that is. .
Spider-Man 3
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what." - Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005

Gosh, all the recommendations I could think of, you've probably seen'em. This might take a while.

Demolition Man.

Road To Perdition, The Proposition and Lilja 4-Ever.

PS: I just randomly picked three from my top 100.

I've seen Kick Ass, Road to Perdition, and Lilja 4-ever *points to avatar*. So The Proposition it is! I've never heard of it so I hope it's good.

A Woman Under the Influence is a movie I've heard mentioned several times, and it looks good. Thanks Frightened Inmate.

I've seen Demolition Man too.

Oh crap... I just thought of some movies I was planning on never watching... I hope they don't get recommended... um... maybe I should have come up with a vito list off the bat...

It's A Wonderful Life.

Can't believe you haven't seen it yet.

I've seen Frantic and Ran.

I have not seen 3 Idiots, It's A Wonderful Life, Ed Wood, or Bicycle Thieves.

So Gatsby, 3 Idiots or Ed Wood?

You know it's kind of funny. They used to call me "The Notorious Bike Thief." One summer I stole all of the bicycles at this family camp I went to every year, and I stashed all the bikes in a pile in the woods. Ah... good times...

Master of My Domain
Yep, choose between the two. The one I personally prefer is Ed Wood, so I recommend it more.

It was a pain in the butt giving them all back. But it was all worth it for the look on this one woman's face as I rode off on her daughter's tiny pink bike with training wheels and streamers. She said, "What do you think you're doing," in an angry tone. And I said, "I'm stealing this bike," and rode off into the night.

Edit: I've seen Stalker.

Thanks Chypmunk and Gunslinger. I've been meaning to watch Casablanca for such a long time, but I just never get around to it. Okay, well this gives me more motivation to watch it soon at least.